October 2012 - Post how long it took your state to issue a License No.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PA released exam results last Tuesday (1/8) and are updating their site with the license numbers today, pretty quick considering how long it took to release the results.

Virginia - 2 days (for those that already had taken and passed the VA Rules and Regulations exam that is.)
Was that the online exam?

I took that well before passing the PE exam, and I'm still not listed in DPOR's online lookup. Did you really get your license # assigned in 2 days?

New York:

Pass Result Received Friday 12/14/2012 around 10:30am.

License # issued Friday 1/4/2013, but I did not find out until 1/5/2013 on their website.

Just talked to Barbara Syp from CT PE board today. She said they just finished with the PE applicants for April exam and that they havn't even started processing the PE passed candidates.

Isn't that the great news we all were waiting for? :beat:

For how bloated and expensive the state of CT's government is, they sure are slow. Called today and got the same response. I'm sure its no fault of her own or the department's, but that doesn't make the waiting process any easier.

Utah approves you to take the PE exam and once you pass you are able to submit your license application.

I found out I passed in December but wasn't able to get my experience verified by licensed PEs until after the new year (vacations and such). I submitted my application on January 4th and have no idea how long it will take to be processed. They haven't processed my application fee payment yet if that is any indication. I suspect I will get my license number around the end of January but won't know until it happens.
So as a follow-up. I finally got my license number today, here is the sequence of events.

October 25 2012? - Take PE Exam

December 15 2012? - Notified that I passed exam

January 4 2013 - Submit license application

February 15 2013 - License number issued.

So all in all from the day I found out I passed to the day I got my license number was 2 months... At least I found out that I passed the PE fairly quickly after the results were released.

Utah approves you to take the PE exam and once you pass you are able to submit your license application.

I found out I passed in December but wasn't able to get my experience verified by licensed PEs until after the new year (vacations and such). I submitted my application on January 4th and have no idea how long it will take to be processed. They haven't processed my application fee payment yet if that is any indication. I suspect I will get my license number around the end of January but won't know until it happens.
So as a follow-up. I finally got my license number today, here is the sequence of events.

October 25 2012? - Take PE Exam

December 15 2012? - Notified that I passed exam

January 4 2013 - Submit license application

February 15 2013 - License number issued.

So all in all from the day I found out I passed to the day I got my license number was 2 months... At least I found out that I passed the PE fairly quickly after the results were released.
CT has yet to send me the license application, let alone begun activating licenses. So far looks like Connecticut is coming in at dead last...

State of CT Finally:

81 days from finding out exam results to receiving licensure packet (in order to pay licensure fee)

Another ten (10) days (91 days total) to activate my license and officially become a PE.

I'd like to see another state beat that !!!

:)

Back