NYS License Watch

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, congratulations to you as well. I definitely think the process could be easier, better definitely, and more streamlined. The people at the office of professions have been very helpful and responsive to questions if I had any positive feedback.

But yes it is a little confusing on the requirements, application process, and the website navigation in general. I haven't seen many other states' websites to compare it to. I wouldn't say it's impossible to use. Especially since we both got to this point. 

Although I think they now accept NCEES records for applicants so that will make it easier for new applicants. 

I called to ask a question about our licenses and some turd answered the phone after a decent wait.

"They are busy and cannot answer any questions, please write an email"  I have 2 out unanswered.  

This is the joy of being in one of the highest taxed states?

@

I called to ask a question about our licenses and some turd answered the phone after a decent wait.

"They are busy and cannot answer any questions, please write an email"  I have 2 out unanswered.  

This is the joy of being in one of the highest taxed states?
I sent them a few emails back in May when I was going through the application process than they were fairly responsive (within 2 business days).

I sent NY OP an email asking if anything was needed from me to complete the process after passing the PE. This was their response:

If you recently passed the PE exam, we will not have those grades in our system till approximately 7 -8 weeks from the date you are notified of your passing grade.  Once we have those grades in our system, we will then put applicants into queue for the licensure process.  Once in that queue please allow approximately 3 weeks for the process to be complete. 
So based on this, we are looking at sometime at the end of February or beginning of March to receive the license.

yes 10/23
Trying to do the math of how their response to me correlates to how soon you got your license number...

giphy.gif

I still got nothing... @Dkenin PE Did they send you anything or did you just look it up on the verification page? 

P.S. that guitar looks awesome, good choice with the HSS pickups. 

I just looked it up in the Verification Page.  The first look up, choose Professional engineer, and just type in your last name.

Thanks - It's a Suhr Reb Beach model.  I had it for a while, but too expensive to justify.  I sold it and used the money to pay for material to redo my laundry room for my wife.  Rock N Roll!

Good Luck

Back