NY PE Licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling this forum will come in handy for others in the future! The additional waiting time added on by NYS is torture...
Maybe they need to increase fees to be able to upgrade the old Atari 2600 they are running their systems on.

It's not like they charge 500 bucks and take forever, when other states are processing for $60 and issuing in a few weeks.

:unsure:

Agreed, I finally got the paper license in the mail yestderay. That took 56 days from the time I found out that I passed on the NCEES website.

Hey guys,

I now have a license number both on the NYSED website (for verifying professions), as well as the certificate documents. I have the certificate that looks like a diploma, and the smaller light green registration certificate.

One minor issue I saw on my registration certificate: my zip code is listed as XXXXX-0000. That isn't exactly the correct zip code (the first 5 usual digits are correct, but not the last 4 digits after the hyphen)... when I first did the paperwork (Forms 1, 2, and 4), I listed my zip code with the correct 4 digits representing the delivery route (the 4 digits after the hyphen, following the first 5 usual digits).

Did anyone else also get a registration certificate whose zip code was listed as XXXXX-0000? Just wondering if you guys think this is a big deal.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I now have a license number both on the NYSED website (for verifying professions), as well as the certificate documents. I have the certificate that looks like a diploma, and the smaller light green registration certificate.

One minor issue I saw on my registration certificate: my zip code is listed as XXXXX-0000. That isn't exactly the correct zip code (the first 5 usual digits are correct, but not the last 4 digits after the hyphen)... when I first did the paperwork (Forms 1, 2, and 4), I listed my zip code with the correct 4 digits representing the delivery route (the 4 digits after the hyphen, following the first 5 usual digits).

Did anyone else also get a registration certificate whose zip code was listed as XXXXX-0000? Just wondering if you guys think this is a big deal.

Thanks!
I just noticed mine is like that as well...

Mine is too. I think it has to do with how the application was filled out and if you provided the last 4 digits or not, which I'm sure most people don't.
I actually filled out the correct 4 digits after the hyphen, on my PE exam forms (I double-checked my scanned copy of the PE exam forms). Yet my registration certificate still has 0000... LOL.

It probably isn't that big a deal, but I just wanted to ask around about this.

I actually filled out the correct 4 digits after the hyphen, on my PE exam forms (I double-checked my copy of the PE exam forms). Yet my registration certificate still has 0000... LOL.

It probably isn't that big a deal, but I just wanted to ask around about this.
Well...I guess whoever entered the data got lazy...not that that should surprise anyone...

I'm jealous of you guys, still didn't get the certificate yet. Hope my zip code comes in fine! 🤞

My certificate is -0000 also, but the license number is there, so I'll take it!

Maybe their old Tandy 1000's can't support the +4?

Did you guys get a letter in the mail from the NFPA Professional Membership Service? I'm trying to figure out what this is for.. it's asking for $175 and no explanation provided. Seems like it's a membership service not related to the PE but I'm not sure.

Do I need to join this thing?

Did you guys get a letter in the mail from the NFPA Professional Membership Service? I'm trying to figure out what this is for.. it's asking for $175 and no explanation provided. Seems like it's a membership service not related to the PE but I'm not sure.

Do I need to join this thing?
I got one from ASCE asking if I wanted to join. Didn't see anything from the NFPA... They probably all got our names from NCEES and are looking to cash in on our winnings

I got one from ASCE asking if I wanted to join. Didn't see anything from the NFPA... They probably all got our names from NCEES and are looking to cash in on our winnings

I wish job offers came flying in like this 😂

EDIT: Called them up during my lunch break, just marketing. Keep an eye out for it

Last edited:
I just emailed NYSED about this minor issue in zip code. I'll let you know how that goes.
So just a small update on this:

When I emailed NYSED about this (at [email protected]), they did not respond to my email.

But they did send an updated registration certificate with the correct full zip code (not -0000).

One more question I need to ask about the registration certificate:

How is your name displayed on the registration certificate?

Mine has (in order from left to right): Last Name, First Name, Middle Name

Back