NY PE Licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beenalongtimecoming

Reaction score
I passed the October 2020 PE exam in NYS and reached out to the State just before Christmas to check on the lead time of receiving my license. At that time they had still not uploaded the exam results to their system. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for NYS to issue your license?

I passed the October 2020 PE exam in NYS and reached out to the State just before Christmas to check on the lead time of receiving my license. At that time they had still not uploaded the exam results to their system. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for NYS to issue your license?
I am still waiting as well. I took the power exam in December and found out I passed the day after NYS pen and paper exam scores were released. I followed up with the office of the professions to see what the next steps were after passing and they gave me this response.

If you recently passed the PE exam, we will not have those grades in our system till approximately 7 -8 weeks from the date you are notified of your passing grade. Once we have those grades in our system, we will then put applicants into queue for the licensure process. Once in that queue please allow approximately 3 weeks for the process to be complete.

So we are looking at March at the latest to get a license number. However, I know there are several people on here who took the pen and paper exam and already received a license number. I guess it just depends on how fast they can process the hundreds of applicants who passed all at once and your order on the list

https://engineerboards.com/threads/nys-license-watch.34807/

I am still waiting as well. I took the power exam in December and found out I passed the day after NYS pen and paper exam scores were released. I followed up with the office of the professions to see what the next steps were after passing and they gave me this response.

So we are looking at March at the latest to get a license number. However, I know there are several people on here who took the pen and paper exam and already received a license number. I guess it just depends on how fast they can process the hundreds of applicants who passed all at once and your order on the list

https://engineerboards.com/threads/nys-license-watch.34807/

I was trying to find what the next steps are after finding out I passed the PE exam. Dothracki, thanks for your input!

I guess now we just play the waiting game... at least we passed!!!

I was trying to find what the next steps are after finding out I passed the PE exam. Dothracki, thanks for your input!

I guess now we just play the waiting game... at least we passed!!!
Oh yes, I forgot you were NY as well. Yes now we wait. I'm still waiting for mine.

You might have a little less of a wait than me since they should be through the swarm of pen and paper licenses within a month or two.

They really should upgrade from that Tandy 2000 they're using at the Office of Professions...Gotta love NY!!! Always so much waiting...

On a separate note, can we put P.E. on our email signature? I mean, it's not like I'm stamping and signing anything for construction....

They really should upgrade from that Tandy 2000 they're using at the Office of Professions...Gotta love NY!!! Always so much waiting...

On a separate note, can we put P.E. on our email signature? I mean, it's not like I'm stamping and signing anything for construction....
I have not changed that yet. Although, I am sure my employer is probably using it for marketing purposes already. You can add it to your username here if you really want while we wait.

Anyone hear anything yet? I keep checking the online verification in the Office of Professions website like a crazy person...

Nah I also emailed them last week because I'm super paranoid that I have to take action myself to start the process but they haven't got back yet

I'm still waiting on NYS Comity. I sent it in back in December. Point of reference, I needed AZ for a project. Took 3 weeks turn around from when I mailed it, to have license in hand.

The disparity between states is crazy.

Back