Quantcast

NY PE Licensure

Help Support Engineer Boards:

Reaction score
I passed the October 2020 PE exam in NYS and reached out to the State just before Christmas to check on the lead time of receiving my license. At that time they had still not uploaded the exam results to their system. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for NYS to issue your license?

Dothracki PE

Where is my mind?
EB Supporter
Reaction score
I passed the October 2020 PE exam in NYS and reached out to the State just before Christmas to check on the lead time of receiving my license. At that time they had still not uploaded the exam results to their system. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for NYS to issue your license?
I am still waiting as well. I took the power exam in December and found out I passed the day after NYS pen and paper exam scores were released. I followed up with the office of the professions to see what the next steps were after passing and they gave me this response.

If you recently passed the PE exam, we will not have those grades in our system till approximately 7 -8 weeks from the date you are notified of your passing grade. Once we have those grades in our system, we will then put applicants into queue for the licensure process. Once in that queue please allow approximately 3 weeks for the process to be complete.

So we are looking at March at the latest to get a license number. However, I know there are several people on here who took the pen and paper exam and already received a license number. I guess it just depends on how fast they can process the hundreds of applicants who passed all at once and your order on the list

akyip

Reaction score
I am still waiting as well. I took the power exam in December and found out I passed the day after NYS pen and paper exam scores were released. I followed up with the office of the professions to see what the next steps were after passing and they gave me this response.

So we are looking at March at the latest to get a license number. However, I know there are several people on here who took the pen and paper exam and already received a license number. I guess it just depends on how fast they can process the hundreds of applicants who passed all at once and your order on the list

I was trying to find what the next steps are after finding out I passed the PE exam. Dothracki, thanks for your input!

I guess now we just play the waiting game... at least we passed!!!

Dothracki PE

Where is my mind?
EB Supporter
Reaction score
I was trying to find what the next steps are after finding out I passed the PE exam. Dothracki, thanks for your input!

I guess now we just play the waiting game... at least we passed!!!
Oh yes, I forgot you were NY as well. Yes now we wait. I'm still waiting for mine.

You might have a little less of a wait than me since they should be through the swarm of pen and paper licenses within a month or two.

Reaction score
They really should upgrade from that Tandy 2000 they're using at the Office of Professions...Gotta love NY!!! Always so much waiting...

On a separate note, can we put P.E. on our email signature? I mean, it's not like I'm stamping and signing anything for construction....

Dothracki PE

Where is my mind?
EB Supporter
Reaction score
They really should upgrade from that Tandy 2000 they're using at the Office of Professions...Gotta love NY!!! Always so much waiting...

On a separate note, can we put P.E. on our email signature? I mean, it's not like I'm stamping and signing anything for construction....
I have not changed that yet. Although, I am sure my employer is probably using it for marketing purposes already. You can add it to your username here if you really want while we wait.

Latest posts