Nutrition, Diet, and Exercise: Notes, Goals, and Resources (these people just keep talking about crossfit)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this email today. I think I am happy about this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<gym name redacted> is excited to announce that we are moving forward with a few new protocols pertaining to the fitness center. Our members will no longer be required to sign-in and reserve a time slot for independent-use of the fitness center. Members are still required to sign-in to our group exercise classes, both virtually and in-person (see class schedule below). Also, vaccinated members are no longer required to wear masks and social distance. We do ask, however, that unvaccinated members continue to wear masks when entering and exiting the fitness center and when in the locker room.

Our new hours are 4:30am to 7:30pm, seven days a week.

I def think it's more muscular/ligament and not the actual joint (it's on the outside of the hip, a little lower than the waist and back from the midpoint of my hip but not actual lower back? Kinda where your leg has the 'divot' below your natural waist if you were doing a split). I got a deep tissue massage over Memorial Day weekend, but then didn't exercise for a week, so I might have just made it super angry and then ignored it instead of trying to stretch it out gently. My knee actually is pretty stable/stays straight in a majority of my exercises or gets pushed out a little bit, but I def felt the one leg getting super tired going up and down last night.
Sounds like TFL?

Lol, it is not as dramatic as I made it seem. Just a little daunting because I have a costco-sized container of peanuts. And measuring out single servings means that I'm going to be eating the container for a while.

Just a little daunting because I have a costco-sized container of peanuts.
Orrrr, just be a bird for a month and eat exclusively peanuts!

Ran my circuit yesterday, found a secret railing behind the small research nuclear reactor near me (no, really) so did some dips. Felt good so I'll add it to my rotation. Ran to the pull up bars a mile away and worked those. This loop is gonna get ridiculous. Was flippity floppin hot though.

Lol, it is not as dramatic as I made it seem. Just a little daunting because I have a costco-sized container of peanuts. And measuring out single servings means that I'm going to be eating the container for a while.
Out of fairness to mr snick We don't have nuts in the house, especially peanuts. They trigger his diverticulitis something awful.

Gym yesterday was hard. I def think it is my TFL and the trainer who was teaching that day (he usually only does private sessions), confirmed it when I was like 'it super aches on this one side when I do this in this area'.

Back squat! Got partnered up with the girl who I secretly want to be (she's always just a smidge ahead of me, versus some of the girls who are miles ahead). It was a lot of reps, though, 4x8, and my left hip was def...leading to tilting. Got up to 139lbs on the 7th squat before I was like 'this isn't going to work' and almost had to bail.

Accessory was hell. It was a pyramid, 10-9-8...2-2 of: weighted step ups (sub w/ a backward lunge due to there being limited boxes), barbell RDL, and plank with a KB pull through. Everything but the step ups/backward lunge were total. Used a blue kettlebell for the pull-throughs and the backward lunge. The lunges...totally destroyed my left leg. RDL was done with bar+10kg on each side.

Conditioning was AMRAP for 12 minutes of 12 wall balls, 12 lunges with medicine ball, and 24 sit-ups with medicine ball. The trainer thought it was a little ridiculous the sit-ups, so he changed it to either 12 sit-ups with the medicine ball or 24 mountain climbers. Since I did so many lunges, and my hip was super unhappy, he said I could sub squats for the lunges but still hold the medicine ball. I...did not do my usual weight. I did a 20lb ball. It took me forever. I only did 3 rounds, combo of the heavier weight and my hip.

After exercising, trainer showed me a method of 'rolling' out the TFL. Instead of using a roller, we grabbed a normal barbell and he showed how I should sit on the ground and allow the weight of the bar to hit the knot. Homg, it was like a fucking grapefruit compared to my other side. He also showed me a more passive stretch to do using a doorway. The muscle is so sore right now from being kinda 'forced' into compliance. But now I can def feel it on the one side versus the other.

Tbh...I just looked at this/the exercises that highlight that area, and I think you might be right. I just feel super tight in that area and I'll try to roll it next time I get to the gym.
If you can get a lacrosse or tennis ball, that usually does the trick. It’s a tough spot.

I accidentally ate pork last night. My body is...not doing well. I skipped yesterday and probably going to skip tonight/tomorrow morning due to needing to fast for early morning bloodwork and then a massage appointment later on Friday. Will try to go on Saturday, but I do want my leg to get stretched/rest a little bit not in a sitting position. Aka: usually when I'm missing the gym it's because I'm in the car driving to a family member and I'm crunched into the vehicle for a couple of hours.

I accidentally ate pork last night. My body is...not doing well.

But, did your pork prevent you from attending the Olympics?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1270905
Really sucky situation for Houlihan! Apparently the burrito could have actually been the cause, but who knows how long it’s going to take to appeal, etc.

I hope you’re feeling better, JK!

But, did your pork prevent you from attending the Olympics?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1270905
Really sucky situation for Houlihan! Apparently the burrito could have actually been the cause, but who knows how long it’s going to take to appeal, etc.

I hope you’re feeling better, JK!
We are memeing the ever living hell out of burritos = steroids on all the strongman Facebook pages.

Pork is yummy!!!
Lol, not when you're allergic to it.

I thought I had escaped repercussions when I accidentally grabbed some thinking it was shredded turkey (another item on the menu), and only realized after the fact. Then the hives hit me a few hours later. And I passed out on my bed soon after getting home from work. And now I have a super sore throat at work.

*sigh*

Back