Nutrition, Diet, and Elite Fitness: Notes, Goals, and Resources....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I'm disagreeing with this. Top Golf is like 7000 billboards. You've got to see it in person to see the insanity. 
I didn't see any billboards in the picture, and have never seen a Top Golf in person. There isn't room for that sort of thing where I live. Haha!

It's a 120' fence. It's like a wall of high mast light towers. You wouldn't notice a billboard next to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many times they've got to contend with a SLIIIIIIIIIICE onto the highway...that seems awfully close to the road and it does not seem inconceivable that someone could clear the side fence..

There's one "near" me, but at least the range side of it is out of view of the highway and aimed out into no mans land.  The grand entrance/bar is what is visible from the road.

Wife and I did XF for a couple years (2016-2019), decided to quit when we bought our newer house in 2019. It has a pool house that's 28x16, the front half is like a yard shed w/ the pool equipment and the back side is our gym. We were started socking away the $ we were spending on XF to outfit the home gym, but ended up skimming from it on home upgrades. Then 2020 happens and we can't find sh!t or it's on 6mo back order. I've got an offer in to a local guy getting rid of a Rogue RML-3W fold back rack, but the duck is trying to get more than retail. Most of my friends from the box have either quit or been doing home WODs for the last 6mos, "renting" /borrowing the gym equipment that they're still paying into. That box has been flying under the radar during the lock as well.

We're slowing adding in the pieces where we can, but we're no where near Oly lift ready. Gosh I miss the shape I was in a couple years ago. I'm still getting in the HIIT's but it's been on my bike trainer. I'll post some updates to the build and baseline stats as they happen.

I had to draw the line at 45 minutes of exercise OUTSIDE everyday for months. I could do it (and have) for 5 straight days because it was a nice week in north Denver suburbs. December... nah.

Also the concept of exercising 1.5 hours a day is awesome, but that would be minor a minor battle in major war with my wife for that much time...

@bwin12 yeah, that's the main thing that killed it for me. I can do a solid 1-hour per day during the week, but I'm single...so if I actually tried to do the 45-minutes x2 a day, I wouldn't be able to make dinner or keep up with the household chores.
The program teaches time management. There is more time in a day than you think. 75 Hard was a cake walk in that respect compared to phase 1. I missed a task on Day 4 and have started over. I'm on Day 5 now and sailing.

The program teaches time management. There is more time in a day than you think. 75 Hard was a cake walk in that respect compared to phase 1. I missed a task on Day 4 and have started over. I'm on Day 5 now and sailing.
But. But. Time management? That sounds horrible. I like flailing about trying my best and then not getting anything done, so I have cereal for dinner and cry while watching soap operas.

Training week 2. Building mileage. 5 miles in so far. My ankles are feeling kind of wonky and I know I need new running shoes. I also started wearing 4" high heels again this week. That's probably causing this crampy weak feeling.

Ooooh running buddy! Whatcha training for?

Be careful yer feetsies! Jeebus, I dunno how you do it...4" heels...gosh.
I am training for a 10-miler in September and my city's running festival in October. They added a 10k! I planned to leverage the 10-miler training by registering for the half, but it's the inaugural year for the 10k. So, I'm hoping I get some sort of special swag or special commemoration on the medal. lol

Taking it easy this Fall. I might do a holiday 5-miler in December. Haven't run that race in probably 5 years.

I ran 4 miles on Sunday at 7 AM. It was great! Humid, but great. I tried Nuun for the first time, and I also tried eating something before running. My pacing was better and I had more energy. Still experiencing positive splits, but I'm narrowing the gap. I also wore NEW running shoes and that helped a lot.

I really like Nuun! I usually always have it when I go on runs, or long bike rides.
What's your favorite flavor? I went to REI and tried to pick the one that most people bought. lol Unfortunately, they just restocked so it was hard to tell which flavor is the popular one.

It took some getting used to, but I think it added a boost without upsetting my stomach, so it's a keeper for now.

Back