North Carolina Initial Licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the official email that my application is going to the board. Hopefully like others that means they will issue numbers in the next couple days.

image.png

Can anyone explain, what does that mean and how much time approximately the Board review  can take? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 16564

Can anyone explain, what does that mean and how much time approximately the Board review  can take? Thanks.
This means that your application has been deemed complete by a clerk and has been passed along to the Board, as you seem to be a suitable candidate for licensure. I applied for comity licensure with NC this year and my license number was assigned 4 days after receiving this same email. However, you will not receive an email when your license number is assigned; if your application is approved by the Board, you will receive notification by mail. In my case, this letter took 7 days to reach me. I would advise using the NC license lookup tool and searching your last name every few days to see if your license has been assigned yet: https://www.membersbase.com/ncbels/search.

This means that your application has been deemed complete by a clerk and has been passed along to the Board, as you seem to be a suitable candidate for licensure. I applied for comity licensure with NC this year and my license number was assigned 4 days after receiving this same email. However, you will not receive an email when your license number is assigned; if your application is approved by the Board, you will receive notification by mail. In my case, this letter took 7 days to reach me. I would advise using the NC license lookup tool and searching your last name every few days to see if your license has been assigned yet: https://www.membersbase.com/ncbels/search.
Thank you for your respond. Today I received the license number.

NCEES Record was released on February 11. Yesterday I received an email from the Board, that my file was completed.

Maybe this info will be helpful for someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Licensure in 2021 - Applied via NCEES on 1/13, Received confirmation that application is administratively complete on 1/22, received number on 1/29.

Completed quiz and sent my application (via NCEES) to NC board today (03/16/21)

Back