No SE Exam Location in Maryland!?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melonzai

Reaction score
My application has been approved by the state board. But when I tried to register the SE Lateral exam in Maryland as what I did back to October Vertical exam, I found there is no exam location in Timonium area anymore. There are only a few of the exam locations across the nation. I knew PE exam is going to CPT, so this may be a reason why some states don't offer the huge exam center anymore. My question is the nearest exam location to me is Richmond, VA. Can I still register the exam under MD board, but take the exam in VA?

Thank you so much for the quick answer, Tim. I shall pay attention to their website. It is sad that they cancel the exam location near me:cry:
It's probably just not cost effective enough to have multiple exam locations in every state. In PA, they had three cities with test locations: Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and Philadelphia. It was probably less than 10 SE takers, total.

They've also got to have the testing center for 2 days for the SE...I imagine that some places only had the testing center open for the second SE day and the handful of poor souls taking it.

Back