NJ Certificates and License #'s?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I finally get my NCEES Record number after months of pestering coworkers for references and sending in forms only to find out that the first state I need comity licensure doesn't use the record.

C'mon New Jersey what gives...

So, I finally get my NCEES Record number after months of pestering coworkers for references and sending in forms only to find out that the first state I need comity licensure doesn't use the record.

C'mon New Jersey what gives...

I am going through the NCEES Record right now as well, very painful/slow. Luckily I was originally licensed in NJ

Update on my NCEES Record chronicles:

May 2014:

Results released.

June-August, 2014:

Submit NJ Law exam, get license number, life happens.

September 2014:

Submit NCEES Records Application. Contact NJ Board to release confirmation that I am licensed in NJ and to send my score to NCEES [side rant - why does NCEES need NJ to confirm my score!?]

October-December, 2014:

NCEES Records has NJ items listed as "verification(s) not yet received".

NCEES Records Instructions: "Emailed NJ for corrected verification. 11/3/14 & 12/2/14"

I call, email and re-snail mail the forms to NJ. I receive the following email from the NJ Board:

"Our records show that on 10/21/14 & 12/22/14, we sent verification reports to NCEES at their Clemson, SC address on both occasions, as you requested from the mailed correspondence we received from you on 10/17/14 and from the email you sent to our office dated 12/17/14.

We also received your email regarding the same subject on 1/5/15. I will send the verifications again, this third time around. Please advise if you require further assistance."

So it appears NCEES is the issue, not NJ!!

January 2015:
I forward this email to NCEES Records and I receive this email:
"As of Friday’s mail this has not been received; we emailed NJ on 11/3 and 12/2 for a corrected verification; you can check your application status later this week to see if it comes in the postal mail."

I am doomed to F5 NCEES again!

Today
NCEES Records Instructions: "Verification rec'd from NJ still incorrect; emailed again on 1/13/15"

So full of rage.

My previous conclusion that NCEES is to blame and not NJ has been debunked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back