NFL 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand but it is self inflicted. He who plants winds will harvest storms.
Everyone likes to attack the guy on top.  At the professional level, everyone does whatever they can to gain an advantage.  Patriots are no worse (and no better) than any of the other organizations with that regard.

Well, if everybody does it then they are the dumbest. No one else gets caught. We agree that part of it is their success. They should do a better job cheating. If your are going to cheat, do it right. ?

I was at the Pats / Broncos game.  It was a great game.  

Disclaimer: I'm a Pats fan - The calls bringing the ball back twice on 3rd down in the 4th qtr looked questionable.  But it comes down to more than a couple of calls.  The Broncos were able to keep it close, and when the Pats muffed that punt you could feel momentum turn.  You can't play sloppy in another teams building or you'll get burned.  Pats couldn't put it away early in the 4th and the Broncos took advantage.

It was a great win for Denver, but I still don't see the Broncos winning it all.  Their defense looked suspect compared to earlier in the year.  We'll see how they look when they get a few guys back from injury.  Brock made plays when it counted, so he is definitely an improvement over the injured Manning.

Gotta love football after Thxgvng

Last edited by a moderator:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

11230988_922696584481989_8909532327068833209_o.jpg

12341461_1065335163501144_7311755819341101150_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The two most recent games I have seen had ended in an incredible way. Last Thursday the Ravens beat the Browns in the last play and last night I turned on the TV just in time to see the Packs' last drive.

I think most people agree that facemask call was a little bit picky, he didn't really grab the facemask but did he touch his facemask

But if you look at the play all of the Lions defense of players were standing behind the Packers receivers which was really dumb

How bad can you feel for a team that blew a 17 point halftime lead?

It was not a reviewable call.  If you watch the replay in real-time, his hand was near Rodgers mask, Rodgers head turned with the hand, then Rodgers whole body turned and he went down.  I think any reasonable individual would've made the same call.  When replayed in slo-mo it was obvious that it was a brush on the mask and likely wouldn't hold up as a face mask violation but that review wasn't available to the ref.  IMHO, it's a reasonable call.

Of course, that only afforded the Packers the chance to try a last play.  The odds were very much against that play ending in a touchdown like it did.

Back