NCEES RESULTS ARE OUT! POST YOUR RESULTS!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ya'll. Much love to this forum for keeping me sane through it all!

I'll be the first to post about my results with bad news, unfortunately did not pass. Congrats to all who did. I'll be one of the first who failed both the pencil and computer exams.. :(

I'll be the first to post about my results with bad news, unfortunately did not pass. Congrats to all who did. I'll be one of the first who failed both the pencil and computer exams.. :(
You are not alone! There are others who took the pen and paper and the CBT and did not pass. There are also others who took the exam beyond 3 times and eventually passed. We all believe in you and know that you will get it the next time. Now you know what you are up against and will be better prepared next time around.

you're definitely not the first to fail the new CBT or even to fail both exam types! It totally sucks, I failed the P&P 6 times so I definitely get how you're feeling - I'm definitely who @Dothracki PE is referring to when they said "eventually passed" and their last sentence is 100% spot on. You got this!

Hi All, I did not pass the CBT exam, I am taking Zach's class for Spring 2021. Any ideas on how-to for those who took his class and passed??

Hi All, I did not pass the CBT exam, I am taking Zach's class for Spring 2021. Any ideas on how-to for those who took his class and passed??
sorry to hear that, but you'll get it next time, especially that now you enrolled with Zach's program. His live classes, assignments, and quizzes on each modules are all helpful, so don't miss those out. Good luck!

you're definitely not the first to fail the new CBT or even to fail both exam types! It totally sucks, I failed the P&P 6 times so I definitely get how you're feeling - I'm definitely who @Dothracki PE is referring to when they said "eventually passed" and their last sentence is 100% spot on. You got this!
You are not alone! There are others who took the pen and paper and the CBT and did not pass. There are also others who took the exam beyond 3 times and eventually passed. We all believe in you and know that you will get it the next time. Now you know what you are up against and will be better prepared next time around.
Thank you guys for the words of encouragement. I seem to be getting close with each diagnostic, (a good sign), now it's just a matter of putting in way more time than I think necessary to nail down the areas still somewhat weak. It's definitely a tough pill to swallow, but I will keep going whatever it takes.

Thank you all again for words of encouragement, sometimes I feel all those around must be taking a different test than I am, I know of people who are not even my discipline and pass it and those other people who seem to be nonchalant about it, makes me really confused as to how I'm not able to accomplish it, but it's definitely a mind game I have to win over..

Thank you guys for the words of encouragement. I seem to be getting close with each diagnostic, (a good sign), now it's just a matter of putting in way more time than I think necessary to nail down the areas still somewhat weak. It's definitely a tough pill to swallow, but I will keep going whatever it takes.

Thank you all again for words of encouragement, sometimes I feel all those around must be taking a different test than I am, I know of people who are not even my discipline and pass it and those other people who seem to be nonchalant about it, makes me really confused as to how I'm not able to accomplish it, but it's definitely a mind game I have to win over..
I definitely felt the same way you do. It was sooooooo frustrating and demoralizing. It's just like "wtaf self, why cant we do this when that idiot passed?!" And a lot of it comes down to how good of a test taker you are and luck in guessing the right answer on the stumpers.

But yeah, circling back to the 1st half of this quote, that's exactly what I ended up doing. I did like at least 4 hours a day[most weekdays with 1 day a week that was "recovery" - still studied at lunch but took off the evening] and like 6 hours each weekend day (unless I was taking a timed practice test, then it was the 8 hour test and then grading it so it was like 9hr or so - I would take the next day to review the questions I got wrong). That's the method I adopted for the exam cycle I eventually passed.

sorry to hear that, but you'll get it next time, especially that now you enrolled with Zach's program. His live classes, assignments, and quizzes on each modules are all helpful, so don't miss those out. Good luck!
If you don't mind telling me, what was your study routine especially the last 3months before you took your test?

If you don't mind telling me, what was your study routine especially the last 3months before you took your test?
@Zoro
My study routine for the last three months:

3 months before the exam: I studied Zach’s every modules and answer the quizzes every end of each module. I also have Justin Kauwale’s study guide so I studied that one as well.
I always do 8hr practiceexam during weekend( actually I finished the practice 5-6hrs, except the cram practice exam). I also read books from stevenson/grainger, glover, blackburn, wildi, chapman. Those are one of my powerful and favorite resources.

1- 2 months before the exam: this was time of Zach’s live classes, so I attended those and answer every assignments every week. I also memorizes some formulas that was not in the ncees handbooks

2-3weeks before the exam: this was the time that I already completed all the quizzes and practice exams I have. So I restudied them again and again, especially the ones that I got mistakes and problems that I got lucky to be correct.

couple days before the exam: i reading lectures and went only for practice exams, and memorizing formulas.

@Zoro
My study routine for the last three months:

3 months before the exam: I studied Zach’s every modules and answer the quizzes every end of each module. I also have Justin Kauwale’s study guide so I studied that one as well.
I always do 8hr practiceexam during weekend( actually I finished the practice 5-6hrs, except the cram practice exam). I also read books from stevenson/grainger, glover, blackburn, wildi, chapman. Those are one of my powerful and favorite resources.

1- 2 months before the exam: this was time of Zach’s live classes, so I attended those and answer every assignments every week. I also memorizes some formulas that was not in the ncees handbooks

2-3weeks before the exam: this was the time that I already completed all the quizzes and practice exams I have. So I restudied them again and again, especially the ones that I got mistakes and problems that I got lucky to be correct.

couple days before the exam: i reading lectures and went only for practice exams, and memorizing formulas.
Thanks a lot, I will take your comments into consideration while getting ready to retake the exam. I haven't heard from the Minnesota Board since December, I think they are just taking their time... If all goes well I am planning to retake it again in April.

I just took the exam. Results suspense week but I can tell you what I wished I do that didn’t on time and is TO FAIL as many times as you can on exercises.

Do not try to understand everything to THEN choose to try out examples and practice exams. You’ll learn more sharping the skills on those exercises you believe you can tackle and find out you’re wrong.

Zach’s Electrical PE Review practice exam is a most. Get a hard copy from amazon if you do not have it. Get weekends 8hr timed practices. That stamina need exercise and the stress of being timed! Mark answers in diff paper. Check your Fails! Review them and do it again next weekend.

Always use NCEES pdf handbook of hell so you know how to ride the fire.
Wildi Machine book is Gold. OMG I had many qualitative questions from it.

I felt 80% good on first round of 4-hrs but late round felt like 50%. I lacked stamina so what I share is what I felt lacking.

Good luck ahead! I definitely gonna sharpen out just in case I need a THIRD round. This was my 1rst CBT.

You are on right path. I really studied mostly Zach's notes, class notes, tests, class assignments. You have to familiarize yourself with all code books. Good luck.

+1 on Lycee and Dothracki's advice. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm definitely getting closer with each diagnostic. Count me as one who failed both the PP and CBT so we just need to keep trying!

My class resumed last week, so at least the concept are more familiar to me and I'm working on my weak areas but definitely not ignoring what I already know.

It’s not uncommon for people to fail the PE! It’s absolutely draining.. I did the mistake of getting just 4 hours of sleep the previous night and the afternoon session was a nightmare. It really helped to assess the questions into 3 categories based on level of difficulty and optimize since the test is extremely time dependent. I’m sure you’ll pass the next time around! :) I tried the School of PE solely and found it pretty useful and elaborate! Good luck!

It’s not uncommon for people to fail the PE! It’s absolutely draining.. I did the mistake of getting just 4 hours of sleep the previous night and the afternoon session was a nightmare. It really helped to assess the questions into 3 categories based on level of difficulty and optimize since the test is extremely time dependent. I’m sure you’ll pass the next time around! :) I tried the School of PE solely and found it pretty useful and elaborate! Good luck!
SoPE leaves a lot to be desired for electrical.

Well, I finally got my results today and I am very happy to say that I PASSED!!!

I seriously have to thank this forum and also @Zach Stone P.E. (Electrical PE Review) , @justin-hawaii (Eng Pro Guides), and @Cram For The PE for all of their resources and help throughout studying for this exam. Without all of you, I don't think I would have passed.

I'm glad I can put this anxiety behind me at last!

Attachments

• PE Power Exam Pass.jpg
    PE Power Exam Pass.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 57
Well, I finally got my results today and I am very happy to say that I PASSED!!!

I seriously have to thank this forum and also @Zach Stone P.E. (Electrical PE Review) , @justin-hawaii (Eng Pro Guides), and @Cram For The PE for all of their resources and help throughout studying for this exam. Without all of you, I don't think I would have passed.

CONGRATS!!!

No doubt. Congratulations!

Back