NCEES RESULTS ARE OUT! POST YOUR RESULTS!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear @DuranDuran. I hope you pass on Jan 7th!

In the diagnosis, do we get to know how many questions we did right? Can you let us know how many you got or what you think the passing score might be? Just trying to figure out if the passing score has lowered now in CBT format.

Sorry to hear @DuranDuran. I hope you pass on Jan 7th!

In the diagnosis, do we get to know how many questions we did right? Can you let us know how many you got or what you think the passing score might be? Just trying to figure out if the passing score has lowered now in CBT format.
trying to figure out the cut score, whether CBT or P&P is futile. 

@Rajan, if you look in the NCEES examine guide (link: https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/ExamineeGuide_November-2020.pdf), there is an excerpt on page 13 that says:

"All exams include a limited number of pretest items that will not be scored and will not have an impact on your results. This is common practice within high-stakes testing and allows NCEES to evaluate the pretest items for potential use in future exams. These items are randomly placed within the exam and are not identifiable as pretest items."

@Rajan, if you look in the NCEES examine guide (link: https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/ExamineeGuide_November-2020.pdf), there is an excerpt on page 13 that says:

"All exams include a limited number of pretest items that will not be scored and will not have an impact on your results. This is common practice within high-stakes testing and allows NCEES to evaluate the pretest items for potential use in future exams. These items are randomly placed within the exam and are not identifiable as pretest items."
Thanks.

Congrats to all who passed the exam.. 

Hopefully I will join you next month. I have studied and I did a practice exams from different resources. My question to you guys how can I know if I'm on the right track and ready for the exam.. 

The exam is covering too many topics and after all times I spend on studying I feel like I'm still confused on which areas I have to focus on the the coming days. 

Phew! I passed!

Shout out to  @Zach Stone, P.E.. I would not have passed without taking his course. From the free practice exam I won from Zach on these forums, to the endless hours that guy must put in, he is the man. I am a corrosion engineer who never uses any of what is tested on except for the small portion on soil resistivity. I had to relearn everything required to pass the PE exam. His classes are absolutely necessary if you are serious about passing. Well that and about 400+ hours of studying... Congrats to everyone who passed and good luck to everyone else! You got this. 

PE exam pass.PNG

PASSED!!

Finally after 2 times exam cancellation and studied for almost a year (more than 500 hours), I am so happy to see "PASS". I feel so much relax and life's one of the educational goal is complete. I have studied various material - Graffeo study guide, Cram - study guide and exams (first 3), Engineering Pro Guide - study guide, codes exam and exams (both - full and final), plus Engineering PE Review (Zack Stone's site). I enrolled in Zack's course for month and it was a tremendous help to overcome my silly mistakes. All Thumbs up to his live classes and study preparation materials. Finally, I can devote time to my wife and lovely 5 months old daughter.  I am sure - Various life events continue to happen in everyone's life, but do not side track on your path. There is no alternative or shortcut for "success".

Congratulations to all who passed CBT exam so far!

Good Luck to others who are scheduled for or preparing for it!!

Phew! I passed!

Shout out to  @Zach Stone, P.E.. I would not have passed without taking his course. From the free practice exam I won from Zach on these forums, to the endless hours that guy must put in, he is the man. I am a corrosion engineer who never uses any of what is tested on except for the small portion on soil resistivity. I had to relearn everything required to pass the PE exam. His classes are absolutely necessary if you are serious about passing. Well that and about 400+ hours of studying... Congrats to everyone who passed and good luck to everyone else! You got this. 
I feel like you're the real MVP here - learning like 98% of the test topics to pass!

Congratulations!!

I passed!

I don't know how people used to wait 2-3 months to see their results, I was going crazy after ten days.  Of course, the multiple test cancellations, hundreds of hours of studying, new baby, and global pandemic didn't help. 

I know I didn't post much on this forum but I really enjoyed reading the various threads.  Thanks everyone. 

Congrats to all who passed the exam.. 

Hopefully I will join you next month. I have studied and I did a practice exams from different resources. My question to you guys how can I know if I'm on the right track and ready for the exam.. 

The exam is covering too many topics and after all times I spend on studying I feel like I'm still confused on which areas I have to focus on the the coming days. 
I tried to do a heavy focus on the NEC codebook since I had never even opened one before I started studying.  I would pick one or two topics that are your weakest and have the most problems and make sure you rework any of those that you've missed.   I really hated the NEC and found that I had a tendency to skip those problems if I gave myself a choice.  That's probably a good indication that I should spend more time there.

You'll probably hear this everywhere but just solve as many problems as you can before the exam.  Over the 4 weeks prior to my test, I set a goal of solving about 320 problems (or little over 10 per day).  It wasn't much but I knew I would have a hard time sitting for 4 more full practice exams and I could handle 10 problems per day.  Whatever helps you run through as many problems as possible.  I think this is even the best strategy for preparing for qualitative problems as it forces recall rather than just reading textbooks or study guides over and over again.   I had to force myself to solve problems when I just wanted to read and watch more videos about each topic so the goal helped there too.

Hopefully this helps.  Good luck.

Back