NCEES partnership

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnNevets

First off, I don't intend to push any buttons with this post, so if RG or anyone else wants this thread gone, that is fine with me.

I just noticed the new pinned topic in the PE forum, and was wondering if there are going to be any benefits to what appears to be an increased partnership. Good will is a great thing, and if that is all EB is getting for playing ball with NCEES that's cool. But I also don't think it would be a bad thing if EB got a bit more out of it for doing things like turning over info about posts/posters that shouldn't be here (if asked). I mean it's not like they have a legal right to force you to give out that info, and I think the Mods do a great job of cleaning that stuff off the boards as soon as it crops up. I'm just curious (and I'm sure it's none of my business) if they are giving any sort of carrot ( advanced info, financial assistance), of even if they tried using a stick (lawyers).

I trust RG and the rest of the Mods here to do what is in the best interest of EB, so if they choose not to answer that is fine, I just was curious, thanks for indulging me.

John

I'm just curious (and I'm sure it's none of my business) if they are giving any sort of carrot ( advanced info, financial assistance), of even if they tried using a stick (lawyers).
Being recognized as THE place to go when preparing for your PE exam isn't props enough ??!! :rolleyes: :th_rockon:

JR

I think holding people on here to their agreement with NCEES protects all of our licenses. Though a link on the website would be nice -- we're not competition like "the other board" is with their study materials.

I don't think that cooperating with the NCEES on thier efforts to prevent exam subversion indicates a "partnership". It does demonstrate that, despite some frivilous posting, we consider ourselves and this site to be professional. Thje site was started and continues to be a support location for attaining professional engineering licensure. The NCEES is the agency that, for the most part, governs professional engineering licensure here in the US.

A such, it is only fitting that this site portray and uphold a certian level of dedication and respect for the NCEES organization. In turn, NCEES should respect the fact that, that is exactly what we are trying to do here.

Mutual respect can be a very good thing.

And they could add a link to EB on thier website.

Bottom line: They promised Admin a full set of NCEES pencils in an attractive faux mahogany pressboard display case. :th_rockon:
you sellout!!!!!! here I'm am defending the integrity of the board and the high moral pricinples of its members. Well I hope you negotiated a set for ALL the supporting members...with extra erasers.!! :rolleyes:

the high moral pricinples of its members
Some of us have morals, others are high. A few really special members are both.

As for the erasers, we tried, but all we could get were the ones that just smear the pencil mark worse, rather than erase.

Some of us have morals, others are high. A few really special members are both.
You'd have to be high to negotiate for a "faux mahogany pressboard display case".

Last edited by a moderator:
basically I just want people to know that opportunity exists (for ncees to request the info).

This person posted a direct exam question and sent me several "hate" emails, I would hope (& will ask ncees) that if someone does something thats not quite such an obvious infraction of their guidelines if they will also request said info (i.e. something done without bad intentions)

I havenot asked them for anything in return, maybe we should, A link would be great but I doubt it.

I guess I essentially just feel its the right thing to do.

Also the only real information I can give them is the email address that people use to register with. They then track them down through whatever legal channels they have, which is greater than mine obvioulsy.

Since we are cooperating with NCEES, can they at least tell us if the exams are delivered and/or picked up via armored truck? (Since this debate brought out a lot of emotion on EB recently)

I don't think that cooperating with the NCEES on thier efforts to prevent exam subversion indicates a "partnership". It does demonstrate that, despite some frivilous posting, we consider ourselves and this site to be professional. Thje site was started and continues to be a support location for attaining professional engineering licensure. The NCEES is the agency that, for the most part, governs professional engineering licensure here in the US.
A such, it is only fitting that this site portray and uphold a certian level of dedication and respect for the NCEES organization. In turn, NCEES should respect the fact that, that is exactly what we are trying to do here.

Mutual respect can be a very good thing.

And they could add a link to EB on thier website.
Well said, and spot on.

Thanks for the open and honest replys all. I also think it was appropriate to keep a professional and respectfull relationship with NCEES (hope that came across in the first post), but was just currious if they came storming in like a 1000 pound gurrila, or had treated EB with the same respect. By the sounds of it they did the later, and that is great for them.

I so often here of componies pushing there weight around, that I always apreciate it when they don't.

Keep up the good work, and I hope NCESS keeps doing the same.

Have Fun all!

John

The fellow from NCEES that surfs the site TIM @ NCEES, has PM'd me a few times, and I believe RG alot more times, I can say that he is very professional, and seems to be a pretty good guy.

He has never been demanding or bossy or throwing "weight around", there really is no reason for us to not have a good relationship with them.

We like to bust on NCEES on here, but really, they do a good job at what they do if you stop and think about it. Imagine how unorganized and unprofessional it could be.

^ I can't imagine what it would be like if it was every state for themselves. Every one would have totally different standards and exams.
How true! It would be more costly for each state to develop their own exams and we most likely wouldn't have near as many specific exams to choose from. Besides being easier/cheaper for the states, it makes it much easier to obtain licenses via comity because of NCEES.

The fellow from NCEES that surfs the site TIM @ NCEES, has PM'd me a few times, and I believe RG alot more times, I can say that he is very professional, and seems to be a pretty good guy.
He has never been demanding or bossy or throwing "weight around", there really is no reason for us to not have a good relationship with them.

We like to bust on NCEES on here, but really, they do a good job at what they do if you stop and think about it. Imagine how unorganized and unprofessional it could be.
Just curious. How do you know this TIM really works for the NCEES ? By his email address ?

Back