Name on Stamp

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so I finally talked with someone at the board. Anything, except your last name, can be abbreviated.

Expiration date is no longer require at all anywhere. Not even a space for it is required.

I was also told that in the license number, you have to put the letter. So for Civil, that would be C#####. That is because the C is part of the license number. Haven't heard or seen this one anywhere?

^ just found out about not needing the date myself... contemplating the difficulty level of modifying my existing stamp to remove the "EXP_______"... but then again, I have only used it once in 3 years, so I can probably handle writing the date once every 1095.75 days or so...

The letter being part of your license number is standard. when you recieve your certificate it will be in that format.... actually, I think it is always in that format.

OK, so I finally talked with someone at the board. Anything, except your last name, can be abbreviated.
Expiration date is no longer require at all anywhere. Not even a space for it is required.

I was also told that in the license number, you have to put the letter. So for Civil, that would be C#####. That is because the C is part of the license number. Haven't heard or seen this one anywhere?
Florida is the same way with the name abbreviation requirements.

THe CA license expires every two years. If you stamp a lot of stuff it might be worth your while to get one with the expiration date and replace it ever two years. Otherwise, just get the version without the date and write it in.
http://www.engineerseals.com/order/californiape.php

Also, I think your first license expires after six months, so you may want to think about that. Not sure however.

They will tell you the first expiration date.
Hi... I just got my stamp today in the mail. I specifically told the manufacturer to leave the expiration date blank. This might be a silly question, but is it the norm to keep the "Exp. on _________" under our name even though the new rule says we don't have to have our license's expiration date on our stamp?

Thanks,

CA_PE

CABPELS only states that the expiration date need not be in the stamp.

If you have it in there, you are still good to go.

I actually have the stamp that you have, but I also have another stamp with my actual expiration date in it as well.

Granted I didn't have this rule when I had ordered my stamp, I won't be ordering a new one for another year and a half or so.

THe CA license expires every two years. If you stamp a lot of stuff it might be worth your while to get one with the expiration date and replace it ever two years. Otherwise, just get the version without the date and write it in.
http://www.engineerseals.com/order/californiape.php

Also, I think your first license expires after six months, so you may want to think about that. Not sure however.

They will tell you the first expiration date.
Hi... I just got my stamp today in the mail. I specifically told the manufacturer to leave the expiration date blank. This might be a silly question, but is it the norm to keep the "Exp. on _________" under our name even though the new rule says we don't have to have our license's expiration date on our stamp?

Thanks,

CA_PE
Changes to Laws Regarding Inclusion of Expiration Date on Engineering and Land Surveying DocumentsAssembly Bill 645, which is effective on January 1, 2010, amends Sections 6735, 6735.3, 6735.4, 6764, 8750, 8761, and 8764.5 of the Business and Professions Code so that Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors are no longer required to include the expiration date of the licenses when they sign and seal their engineering and land surveying documents nor are they required to include the expiration date in their stamp or seal.

Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors may still choose to include their expiration dates if they wish; however, they are no longer required by the laws to do so.

The 2010 versions of the Professional Engineers Act and the Professional Land Surveyors' Act, which are available on this website, have been updated to reflect these changes.

I just answered my own question.... and You're Welcome!

Back