MyNCEES Record - question regarding disciplines in which you are currently practicing

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatwhat

Reaction score
Folks,

I wrote the April 2021 PE exam. Now I am working on my initial licensure application in the state of Kentucky. One of the steps in the process is to complete the MyNCEES record found under "Multi-State Licensure" tab and transmit to the board of Kentucky. That record has certain questions for the applicant, one of which is "Select the disciplines in which you are currently practicing. If more than 1% of time is devoted to a discipline, it must be included." I am not 100% sure what to put here. I am a structural design engineer. Should I just check "Civil" considering I am applying to "PE Civil" license technically and not SE license? Or should I check both civil & structural or just structural? I am not entirely sure. What do you guys think?

1622888125811.png

Considering there no Construction, Water Resources, Transpo or Geo I think the correct one to choose is civil.

Those categories are really just a list of the different categories that states list their PEs under. if you consider yourself structural design and you are applying for Civil PE, then Civil/Structural is the right call.

I think structural is only for those who have passed 16 hours exam recent or other previous format in the past. PE is civil, does not matter water, Geo, construction or structural , transportation category.

Kentucky does not have SE licensure, nor does Kentucky issue discipline-specific licenses (e.g. PE Civil). If you're doing structural design, I would indicate "structural". No need to confuse NCEES exams with licenses issued by the state.

Back