My PE Exam Experience - (Structural Depth) with AEI

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HNA

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been meaning to share my PE exam experience with everyone on this board as it was a good source of help to me when I was prepping for the exam. I took and passed the PE Civil Exam (structures PM focus) in October 2020. I signed up for both AM and PM classes with Advanced Engineering Institute (AEI): Advanced Engineering Institute | Home

My schedule was pretty busy between personal life + work and I wanted to take a class in order to make things easy for me in terms of sticking to a plan and it worked out like a charm. AEI materials and classes were absolutely worth my time and money. The AEI offers a comprehensive breadth section for the PE Civil AM exam session. I enjoyed attending the lectures as the instructors knew the material very well. The course is aimed at covering all the diverse topics with the right amount of detail needed for the exam. The class notes and examples were extremely helpful and informative. The instructors were teaching like pros, they knew the material pretty well. As for the structures depth portion, AEI offers a very detailed and organized set of lectures that tackle each aspect of the structures depth portion. The notes and homework problems are not only great for the PE test but they are truly a very vital resource for every structural engineer. Dr. Ibrahim and Dr. Zayati were open to answer questions inside and outside of the lectures, whether the questions were PE focused or not, you can count on them for an honest effort to help guide you in the right direction.

I know that I will be going to AEI once I am ready to take the SE exam.

I hope this post helps future PE takers to decide how to prep.

Cheers.

I also took AEI and passed April 2021 on my first try. The depth was really well taught. The knowledge I received from Dr. Ibrahim is with me forever. Now I am using their binders in my day to day work.

Same here.. took this course recommended by my colleague, and passed with AEI on my first try! It was a lot of work and I would dedicate at least 1.5 months for depth only. But the payoff is huge! Good luck everyone.

Hello All,
I feel honored to recommend AEI for your professional certifications.
I had a chance to be a part of this institution for my PE exam. Being a new father plus heavy work schedule, I managed to complete the classes offered by AEI part by part. Due to this great assistance and of course the blessings of God, I could manage to pass my exam in first attempt. The teaching is to the point and the concepts are explained with practical problem. Though everything was covered in classes, I felt that AEI indirectly prepares you to solve a question even if that was not discussed. I had the access to ask questions to my teachers at any point of time with a quick response.
Not only teaching you in class, the practice exams prepared from them is a key to crack this exam. This institution definitely helped me to bring out the skills in me and gave a better approach to solve problems at my work personally also.
My high recommendations are with AEI for the career developer seekers. A dedication plus assistance is what you want for the exam which can be seen in this institution. For my SE, I will be choosing this institution whenever I am ready for the test.
I hope this helps to all and a good luck to all.
Luqman

Do they provide all resources needed for the structural depth portion? Or do we need all the codes specified by NCEES? Also, for the AEI on demand course, is there immediate access to the lectures?

You need to buy all the manuals. On the test it could be any question asked from any of the manuals. Steel, ACI, ASCE, NDS are a must. Remaining are a bonus. Yes, on demand there is an immediate access to the lectures.

Thanks for the reply. Any idea where to get them for low prices? I am not currently working, so no option to get them from office.

Last edited:
Is AEI worth the money? I heard they used to send you a big binder of reference notes and stuff but are they still gonna do that for the computer based? Would the price go down if they don't?

Back