Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word on the street is that Shang-Chi will be on Disney+ 45 days after it's theatre release.

So, I'll likely just wait for it.

We paid for Jungle Cruise a couple weeks ago on Disney +. It was fairly entertaining. A mix of Indiana Jones, The Mummy, etc. I don't know if I would recommend it for $30, but you'd pay more than that to see it in a real theater anyway, at least if you go with more than 2 people.

My return to my favorite independently owned local movie theater was on Wednesday to see Dune. I have not read the books, but the movie intrigued me enough to go buy the six original books on Kindle to read!

For as long as it is, and as much as happens, I felt like not a whole lot happened. But I paid attention the whole time and thought the movie went by quickly for it’s length (2:45), though at least an hour of it was spent by looking at Timothée Chalamet’s albeit very nice looking face.

My friend who has read all the books (in fact, Dune is one of his favorite books period) thought it was pretty good too. It’s clearly setting up for much more to happen, though I heard they only decided to make the next movie after the first week’s box office returns, so the next movie is several years off. Hence, books!

watched Enchanto this weekend. Meh...cute but not amazing. I think if you did one of those animation comparisons like winnie the pooh/jungle book of enchanto and frozen there would be a lot of similarities.

watched Enchanto this weekend. Meh...cute but not amazing. I think if you did one of those animation comparisons like winnie the pooh/jungle book of enchanto and frozen there would be a lot of similarities.
My wife and I watched it over the weekend, too. I personally liked it. It was one of those feel-good, family-time movies that had a couple lessons learned in it. Though it bothered me that the main girl never got any sort of gift/power even at the end. Like, you saved the whole family, you deserve SOMETHING for that lol

Saw a story about Ridley Scott/Ben Affleck complaining that their latest film, “The Last Duel”, do so poorly in theatres because of cell phones for some reason.

I would counter that and say it did poorly because it was boring as ****. I fast forwarded through most of the movie to get to the duel at the end.

We watched Encanto on Disney + over the weekend, and I really liked it. No villain, a fairly complex story about family, and I loved it that the protagonist never got a power, but ended up being a key member of the family and the solution to their problem anyway. I also really appreciated seeing a story set somewhere unusual for a change. It made me Google the Colombia Armed Conflict.

Also, it looked GREAT in 4K/UHD. Super-vivid colors and outstanding "cinematography".

I thought Enchanto was good as well.

I watched the new Venom movie and it was terrible.

I also watched the new Matrix movie. It's just so so.

Agree, new Matrix was fine. Lot of over-the-top action, but at least they did a decent job with the backstory and explaining how Neo and Trinity are there. Definitely one of those that you need to watch the previous movies to have a better idea of what’s going on.

Not sure how it went over with the younger crowd, but I really liked the new Ghostbusters movie. Of course, I’m of the generation who actually grew up with the original.

Unlike that train wreck in 2016, this one actually did a nice job of tying everything back to the original, not just some corny cameos. Even a nice tribute to Harold Ramis.

still need to see that one!!!! THe release was pushed back, then we got caught up in other stuff and missed the theater release

The Suicide Squad the other night. It was better then the first one…well, two if you count that Birds of Prey crapfest. Still not doing anything to help the DC Universe though.

I do have to say though, after seeing some of the ads for the new Batman movie look intriguing.

^I saw it (the "new" Suicide Squad) on a long flight over the weekend. I thought it was pretty fun.

Back