MISSOURI- RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The direction this thread has taken is pretty funny to me. I'm in the Chicago 'burbs these days and I've been ribbed by my buddies for where I'm from since I got here. The funny part is that I spent most of my youth between MO and WV.
HS: Pocahontas County High - WV - '85

BSEE: University of Missouri - Rolla '90

I've only had squirrel once. It was in MO and it was pretty good. The only hunting I ever did was thinning out the ground hog population infesting my uncle's hay field. Actually, that wasn't really hunting. It was more like a game of small caliber whack-a-mole the day after we bailed the field and the grass was short.

Jim

Hey, Go UMR!. I have lived near Rolla my entire life and am a graduate from there as well. ALEX's Pizza, Maid Rite. Good Ol vitamin G. Long live St. Pats.

That post brought back a few memories. I think the last time I was there was 1994. Our favorite place to eat was The Fortune Inn and we used to hang out at this little bar called Mary's Pub. I also had the distinct honor of being kicked out of the Top Hat. Have they returned alcohol to the drinking at St. Pats? One of the board members drank himself to death my junior year and the university made them switch to root beer for things like the bat races. I wasn't in a frat but watching those guys beat the crap out of rubber snakes always amused me.

Jim

+1 for UMR ....er, I mean MUST (Missouri University of Science and Technology) <------ this really pisses me off.

D

That post brought back a few memories. I think the last time I was there was 1994. Our favorite place to eat was The Fortune Inn and we used to hang out at this little bar called Mary's Pub. I also had the distinct honor of being kicked out of the Top Hat. Have they returned alcohol to the drinking at St. Pats? One of the board members drank himself to death my junior year and the university made them switch to root beer for things like the bat races. I wasn't in a frat but watching those guys beat the crap out of rubber snakes always amused me.
Jim

That's funny. I work for a "Regulatory" agency, and one day I overheard a conversation regarding the owner of the fortune inn, the rolla police, a shovel, and some "unknown" bones being buried. No kidding. Not sure of the outcome. But hey, if it tastes good and don't kill you, why not enjoy. I've tried just about every other "white meat" out there. Why not fluffy. :D

+1 for UMR ....er, I mean MUST (Missouri University of Science and Technology) <------ this really pisses me off.
D

Ditto. Dumb Arses. I bet someone is really proud of that Acronymn. But I guess there were the same sentiments when it changed from MSM (Missouri School of Mines) CIRCA 1969 to UMR. But ****, MUST is verging on Corny.

Another Mountaineer!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep. I call WV home. I grew up working on my uncle's cattle farm near Marlinton (North of Lewisburg on 219). I still make it back there at least once a year. My biggest complaint about northern Illinois is how **** flat it is here.

Jim

Yep. I call WV home. I grew up working on my uncle's cattle farm near Marlinton (North of Lewisburg on 219). I still make it back there at least once a year. My biggest complaint about northern Illinois is how **** flat it is here.
Jim

Big Question!!!!! Who's your football team????

That's funny. I work for a "Regulatory" agency, and one day I overheard a conversation regarding the owner of the fortune inn, the rolla police, a shovel, and some "unknown" bones being buried. No kidding. Not sure of the outcome. But hey, if it tastes good and don't kill you, why not enjoy. I've tried just about every other "white meat" out there. Why not fluffy. :D

I guess I wasn't that far off the mark the night I mistakenly ordered Cashew Kitten.

Jim

Big Question!!!!! Who's your football team????
College Team: Mountaineers (Don't see much of them in the Chicago TV market and haven't had time to follow college ball for several years.)

Pro Team: Rams (Although I think the name Cardinals should have stayed with the city)

At least the Rams have something to do with Missouri since we're posting in that thread.

Pretty ironic that I'm posting about WV in the MO thread while waiting for results in IL. :D

Jim

That's what I'm talking about. You guys have hijacked my thread. What you are talking about has nothing to do with Missouri results. C'mon, .....I'm trying to be nice.

Pretty ironic that I'm posting about WV in the MO thread while waiting for results in IL. :D Jim

Back