Minnesota - Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MN has outlawed the round seal for some time.

Get a text seal with the EXACT same text as the MN board website. You'll be ok then.

MN has outlawed the round seal for some time.
Get a text seal with the EXACT same text as the MN board website. You'll be ok then.
I had never seen a round seal for Minnesota but did hear they existed. A certification with incorrect wording can get you in trouble. Make sue it is exact.

owillis

I had never seen a round seal for Minnesota but did hear they existed. A certification with incorrect wording can get you in trouble. Make sue it is exact.
owillis
My ex boss had one and used it somewhat often when I worked for him.

An actual seal isn't 100% required because it is text. I bet if you write the text in MS Word on your cover calcualtion cover sheets or AutoCAD it would be ok too.

Thanks for the info...so will I just have to order a customized stamp with that wording? That is weird that the websites (engineerseals.com, prestodirect.com, A plus rubber stamps.com) all show the MN PE seal as a round stamp. And they all claim to comply with current regulations. I wonder if I ordered it, if it would come as the worded stamp. Maybe I will just take that sheet over to Office Max or something, so I don't have to worry about transcribing it.

I have ordered my seal from Coner Marking Company in St. Paul. [(651) 224-7816]

They do have a text seal and you can have them place your name and registration number in the blanks. My work just has a seal with blanks so anyone can use the seal though.

My only other seal is a MA seal which Corner did. They seem to do a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ordered my seal from Coner Marking Company in St. Paul. [(651) 224-7816]
They do have a text seal and you can have them place your name and registration number in the blanks. My work just has a seal with blanks so anyone can use the seal though.

My only other seal is a MA seal which Corner did. They seem to do a good job.
Corner Marking is Great (you spelled it wrong the first time, must have been typing too fast). I end up getting lot of engraved stuff done there. I heard they are looking at finding a new location.

^^ I do that from time to time. :)

They are changing locations?

They are changing locations?
They had their current building for sale at one time and I talked to the gal there, she indicated the taxes were too high and they were going to try to sell the building and move... I don't remember seeing a for sale sign on there lately? Maybe they just decided to stay after all..... it was awhile ago when I heard about the possible move.

Crazy. I just got a seal from them last week too. It seems they still have the same phone number.

Back