MICHIGAN - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I can finally call myself a PE!
I sent my application to the state the week before Christmas and my reference stuff out about the same time. Michigan cashed my check Dec 31. I suspect that everyone returned the reference information the first or second week of January. Today I checked the license verification site and found my name and license information! My license was issued Jan 18th. So, I should be getting something in the mail within the next few days.

I don’t know why last year’s PEs had such a hard time getting their license through, but this should be good news for you gymrat!

Congrats! I'm about 2 weeks behind you. I sent in my application on the 7th and the state cashed my check on the 11th. All of my references were sent in that week except one and that was in by the 15th. I'm hoping it keeps going that quick and I get my license in the next few weeks!

Hi all you Michigan PE's I just passed the Oct 08 and sent in my paperwork on Jan. 18th. Do you have an idea about how long it might take to hear anything back? Is there anyplace to go online or a number to call to check on the status?

PT

Hi all you Michigan PE's I just passed the Oct 08 and sent in my paperwork on Jan. 18th. Do you have an idea about how long it might take to hear anything back? Is there anyplace to go online or a number to call to check on the status?
PT
I replied in the other thread before I saw this one. Don't know if there's anywhere you can check besides just looking up your name in the database until it shows up. Just more waiting. :brickwall:

Don't count on 1.5 months. Some people get approved that fast but for others (like me) it took almost four months. BTW, check out this thread for a bunch of helpful information on filling out the application forms.
Mudpuppy had this link from above showing the April '07 results. Take a look at how long some of those people had to wait. I still don't have my letter or license from the state, maybe today. Just keep checking here: https://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/colaLicVerify/ to see if you have a license yet. I read somewhere that they were supposed to mark you as Pending prior to Active, but my name just showed up as Active when I checked Tuesday.

Hang in there.

I replied in the other thread before I saw this one.
Me too.

Mudpuppy had this link from above showing the April '07 results. Take a look at how long some of those people had to wait. I still don't have my letter or license from the state, maybe today. Just keep checking here: https://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/colaLicVerify/ to see if you have a license yet. I read somewhere that they were supposed to mark you as Pending prior to Active, but my name just showed up as Active when I checked Tuesday.
I was never marked as Pending in the database either. If you get really impatient you can try calling the board. I did after about 3 months because by that point I was wondering if they had even received my app and references. I got Mr. Pillow's voicemail but I didn't leave a message so I don't know if he would have called back or not. I think his email address was listed under the link above as well.

Hopefully you guys have a better (quicker) experience than I did. In looking at the licenses in the database it seems there have been a few hundred PE's issued since mine in October, so maybe they were just overwhelmed for a while.

Twalk, I'd be surprised if you don't get the letter today or tomorrow. The first letter I got said I was approved and I needed to buy a stamp. The actual license came a couple days later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, sorry for not updating sooner.

I got my license on Saturday. I would have to say I was VERY disappointed in the presentation. It was one of those envelopes where you tear off the three sides. Then it is just a 7-1/2"x4" license - like a business license. So, I ordered one of the decorative certificates from Impact Solutions along with my stamp.

Yesterday I got a letter from the board saying I was approved and I would be getting my actual license shortly (which I already had). At the bottom of the letter is a box with an area for you to stamp and send back to them for your file. They give you 30-days to send the letter back so they have your seal on file. To me the 30-days seems ridiculous, but I guess they need to set some sort of timeline.

When you guys are considering your timing, keep in mind that I’m in Virginia. If you’re local then you might get your mail from faster (unless you live in the UP). :laugh:

Once your name shows up on the lookup, I guess you can order your stamp and everything. For your seal, you can use all 10 numbers or just the last 5.

Hang in there guys, you're on the home stretch.

I got my license on Saturday. I would have to say I was VERY disappointed in the presentation. It was one of those envelopes where you tear off the three sides. Then it is just a 7-1/2"x4" license - like a business license. So, I ordered one of the decorative certificates from Impact Solutions along with my stamp.
Did it say you had to get your stamp from Impact Solutions or can we get it from engineerseals.com? They ship out within 24 hours.

I haven't shown up on the website yet, and I know it will probably be a few weeks still, but I'm excited.

You can get them from anywhere. I didn't do any research into which company to buy a stamp from, so I just went with Impact Solutions.

****, I wish I would have done some research. I just looked at engineeringseals.com and they're cheaper there. I don't even know what size I'm getting from Impact Solutions, or when to expect shipment!

When my seal comes, I'll post what size it is so others know what their getting...

Impact Solutions Update:

Got my certificate and stamp yesterday, so it took about a week and a half. The stamp is 1-7/8", or about 4.75 cm, in diameter. If you end up ordering it from them, they will put your registered name and the abbreviated 5 digit number - so I'm not sure why they ask what you would like to appear on the stamp.

Certificate looks good. Now all I have to decide upon is the framing...

Thanks for the update! I'm still waiting. It's been almost 5 weeks, but they say to allow 6 so I'm trying to be patient. Glad to hear the certificate looks good. My diplomas are framed so I'm hoping to find a frame that is similar to those so I can hang them all together and have it look good.

My name was in the database today! My license was issued on the 13th. Now I just have to order my stamp and certificate! :w00t:

I finally got something in the mail!!!

Where did you guys buy your seal or stamp and which kind did you go with?

Paul

Back