Michigan PE License Application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agni

Reaction score
I passed the October exam and was wondering if anyone here could give me some guidance on applying for the Michigan license. It appears that there are two ways to go about it. 1) By creating a NCEES record OR 2) submitting transcripts, exam results, 5 references etc. to MI board

I'm interested to find out which way is faster and whats the pros/cons in each. I'll be applying to other states for reciprocity later so NCEES record seems like a better idea but I'm not sure if that takes too long and/or is much more expensive.

I'll really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.

I applied Michigan for pre-approval before the exam so I can tell you about that. Basically you just have to fill out an application, have 5 references 3 must be PEs and send your transcript. Once you have all the material submitted it shouldn't take more than 1 month to get the approval.

I just called the State of Michigan to see how long they are estimating it will take to receive our actual licenses and they indicated that they are still approving licenses for people who passed in April, 2014! :censored: They then stated that it could be 4-5 weeks for them to get through all of the licenses that they need to approve. However, since they're still approving licenses from the April exam I'm willing to bet that those of us who passed in October will not be receiving our licenses for much longer than 4-5 weeks...

On the bright side, at least the worst wait is over and we know whether or not we passed :beerchug:

I called the licensing board this past Friday and they said they were expecting the licenses to be issued in about 7-10 days, so hopefully by next week at the latest. It sounded like there's just one guy entering the hundreds of names into the database.

I took the PE in Michigan in April of 2014, found out from NCEES that I passed on May 21 and the state "issued" my license on July 9 (that's when my name appeared in the online database), but I did not receive my paper license for a few more months after that.

This is about 50 days from the exam results date, which means we can start to see something in early Febuary.

Please post here immeditely if anyone got any news from the board. thanks

It's official, my name now shows up on the license search!
Congratulation Jecee. I do not see my name yet but at least they started processing those who passed in the OCt one. Anyone else got it officially?

Congratulation Jecee. I do not see my name yet but at least they started processing those who passed in the OCt one. Anyone else got it officially?
Thank you! I was checking every day and yesterday was the first day I saw it. Like you said, at least they started processing the Oct exams.

I'm still waiting too. When I called the state a couple of weeks ago, they said they would be inputting the names alphabetically, so it might take awhile if you're later in the alphabet.

Back