MD PDH requirements for first 2 years

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyD

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could clarify the PDH requirements for the first 2 years--it seems like you don't need any, does that mean during the first renewal you don't need to do anything? I want to make sure i'm understanding that correctly. So you basically have 4 years to do the first 16 PDH's required?

I think you are correct. However, I am speaking from NJ and they have very similar wording. One thing you might want to verify is the validity time of your license. My NJ license, although it says is a 2 year license, AND we pay the 2 year activation fee, says is valid from 1/13/21 to 4/30/22, which is a little over a year. When I asked the board, I was told everything is done in biennial periods and the current biennial period is through 2022. So, my license was issued in the middle of a biennial period and therefore it is only valid until that period ends. My next license will be valid for the full 2 years.

I think @RBHeadge PE, is a MD'er. He might be able to answer more specific to your sitaution.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could clarify the PDH requirements for the first 2 years--it seems like you don't need any, does that mean during the first renewal you don't need to do anything? I want to make sure i'm understanding that correctly. So you basically have 4 years to do the first 16 PDH's required?
Yes, this is correct.

Back