May 2022 CA Survey Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassist

Reaction score
Starting this thread for those who took CA Survey Exam in May. How did it go, and when do get the results?

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question. But I will try...for the state civil exams, the Board releases results each month for the preceding month. For example, all civil exams which fully tested during May should be released soon. Results are released per exam so yes all results received from Prometric for each exam are released at the same time.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question. But I will try...for the state civil exams, the Board releases results each month for the preceding month. For example, all civil exams which fully tested during May should be released soon. Results are released per exam so yes all results received from Prometric for each exam are released at the same time.
Yes, that answers my Question. thank you

To those who passed what course did you take?
CPESR and EET courses + Reza Workbook only.

My review:
CPSER - Very simple to understand but is glossy on some subjects. Good practice exams.
Reza Workbook - has very good practice problems, very valuable for the exam.
EET - Huge binder and dry instructors but bridged what I needed to for the exam. Practice exams were very challenging for me and prepared me well.

Just depends on your knowledge of surveying. For me I had none. Some people can take only CPESR and pass the first time. I would highly recommend making concise reference sheets because time is the issue here and the last thing you want is to be thumbing through back and forth pages in the review books.

CPESR practice exams are awesome. The course material is very easy to understand. I would recommend CPESR to anyone but definitely go through Reza's book problems to be familiar with all types of question styles. If it helps, my speed was really slow and that was my biggest concern for this exam, but after all the practice I was familiar with the problem styles, so I finished the test 15 min early.

I just found out that my Seismic Principles exam from 2011 was still valid, and would only need to (re)take the surveying. Since I'm working on upgrading my certs (SE Vertical in April 23 and SE Lateral in October 23) , if you had to narrow down to leave out one of the three books mentioned above which one would you keep? I already bought the two PPI ones. Also, I haven't done surveying since CEN102 my freshman year...

Back