Louisiana results released

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just submitted my work history to NCEES this week. I fully expect to have it kicked back for edits and what not. @jean15paul_PE Did they give you a hard time about it your time not under a PE counting? Some of my experience, my direct supervisor was not licensed but a bit above him in upper management was licensed that I would like to use as reference.  
So I was actually the last submittal before LAPELS started using the NCEES record, so I didn't go through NCEES. I can describe what I did for LAPELS though. 

I grabbed the text from the LAPELS Rules document and application instructions regarding what you should consider when writing your experience record. I'll quote it below for your reference. And I made sure to address all those things. It actually made my writeups a bit longer. NCEES record has a character limit, right? Regardless, the considerations are still applicable, just gotta try to be more concise.

I submitted to LAPELS, and for the 3 of 5 positions that weren't under a PE, LAPELS came back and said your record is incomplete. They told me to explicitly say, "This wasn't under a PE, but it should still count because it was: (whichever of these is applicable) "progressive experience of increasing quality/responsibility", "demonstrates knowledge of math, science, engineering", and/or "demonstrates application of engineering principles". I literally added that statement to each record and they accepted it.

Here's the stuff LAPELS tell you  to consider.

Experience must be progressive on engineering projects to indicate that it is of increasing quality and requiring greater responsibility.

Experience should include demonstration of a knowledge of engineering mathematics, physical and applied science, properties of materials, and the fundamental principles of engineering design.

Experience should include demonstration of the application of engineering principles in the practical solution of engineering problems.

When writing a description of your progressive engineering experience, the Board should be able to determine these factors:
• What was the purpose of the project?
• What was the size of the project? How big or small was the project?
• What was the value of the project? How much money was spent on the project and how many resources were used? What was the budget for the project?
• Is the experience progressive? Does the experience indicate that it is increasing in quality and requiring greater responsibility?
• Does the experience include knowledge of engineering mathematics, physical and applied science, properties of materials, and the fundamental principles of engineering design?
• Does the experience include application of engineering principles in the practical solution of engineering?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just submitted my work history to NCEES this week. I fully expect to have it kicked back for edits and what not. @jean15paul_PE Did they give you a hard time about it your time not under a PE counting? Some of my experience, my direct supervisor was not licensed but a bit above him in upper management was licensed that I would like to use as reference.  
NCEES did not kick back any of my work history. It took them about 6 buisness days to approve.  

NCEES sent me an email on 1/2/2020 saying they had sent my record to the Louisiana board. I submitted my application to LAPELS on 12/30/2019.  I will keep y’all up to date on how long it takes me to get my license and if I encounter any issues from the board.

NCEES sent me an email on 1/2/2020 saying they had sent my record to the Louisiana board. I submitted my application to LAPELS on 12/30/2019.  I will keep y’all up to date on how long it takes me to get my license and if I encounter any issues from the board.
I just had my NCEES record transmitted and application submitted today. From what I've read on here it truly takes 6+ weeks for approval. Hoping it's sooner though. 

Received email from LAPELS 1/6/2020, indicating my application was received. This is one week after I actually submitted it. 

Random question... any PE's from Tulane University around here?

I'm curious if NCEES recognized their "Engineering Physics" degree, since it's not a degree in a traditional field of engineering. I'm pretty sure it's ABET accredited. 

Waiting for the accepted application is ALMOST as bad as waiting for the test results. Anybody know how long it takes, I know the website says 6-8 weeks, but wondering if anyone had any real info? I’m coming up in week 5. 

Last Friday was week 5 for me since I received the email from LAPELS telling me that they received my application.  I have not received any other emails since then.  Hopefully getting close.

I submitted my application on 12/27, got my PE license on 1/23. I haven't received the certificate yet though.

Yes. Submitted my application on 12/27, received email confirmation from LAPELS on 1/6.
1/6 is the same day I received my email from LAPELS saying they received my application.  Your process went very quick. Less then 3 weeks. Hoping I get my license this week which is week 6 for me.

Just received my approval this afternoon. They received it Jan 6, so 5-6 week turn around for me. 

I received mine as well this afternoon. I find it strange as I wasn't expecting it this soon. Received my application confirmation email on 1/27, so it doesn't seem to be in any logical order. 

I received mine as well this afternoon. I find it strange as I wasn't expecting it this soon. Received my application confirmation email on 1/27, so it doesn't seem to be in any logical order. 
Good to know. Tomorrow will mark 6 weeks for me and the email said 6-8 weeks so guess I just need to be patient.

Back