Louisiana Lapels Application Timeline with New Method

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisherman504

4 times P.E. test taker champ
Reaction score
Hi all,

Did anybody from Louisiana submitted the application by the new method for Licensure by Exam?

The older format was paper. Now, it is all electronic with us verifying through NCEES then transferring it to Louisiana. 

I submitted everything but I see that it is a 6-8 weeks timeline. I know those timelines are an approximation. 

Did anybody get their PE# in 2-3 weeks?

Thanks,

Fisherman504

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Lapels in May, spoke to Janet. I had already done everything in the old paper-based application, and she said that I could still submit like that.  (Still waiting on 2 work verification forms  :angry: ).
Let me know how it goes with the new process.

Edit for non-Louisianians...
LAPELS = Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board

I submitted my application electronically using the new process on June 12th. I am still waiting to get my license. 

Looking at the previous approved license # on Lapels for Louisiana residents. I see that they approve on Thursday or Friday of each week. So hopefully y'all will get some good news today or tomorrow. 

I submitted mine electronically June 28th; I'm hoping to get a response this Friday, which will be 6 weeks after I submitted. 

I submitted using the old paper process. Mailed last week, and today (8/5/19) got the email that my application was received.

Hoping for expedient processing :)

I submitted using the old paper process. Mailed last week, and today (8/5/19) got the email that my application was received.

Hoping for expedient processing :)
I've counted the number of license approved on Friday (08/02/2019) and it was approximately 21 approved. So they approved about 20 or so a week. Hopefully we're all in that que. 

I kind of wish I used the new electronic process because then all my recommendations and experience verification would already be in the NCEES system for comity. But I started way back in April/May, and I didn't want to change the process on the people that I already asked to mail me forms. 

Although it took some people SO LONG, that I probably should have switch to the electronic process.

I kind of wish I used the new electronic process because then all my recommendations and experience verification would already be in the NCEES system for comity. But I started way back in April/May, and I didn't want to change the process on the people that I already asked to mail me forms. 

Although it took some people SO LONG, that I probably should have switch to the electronic process.
Good news. I'm monitoring the Lapels license numbers and it looks like someone just got approved today. So hopefully some of us here will get ours. They only do about 20 a week though soooooooooooooooooo..........

Good news. I'm monitoring the Lapels license numbers and it looks like someone just got approved today. So hopefully some of us here will get ours. They only do about 20 a week though soooooooooooooooooo..........
I never thought to do that. Monitor the license numbers as they are issued.

Seems there won't be any numbers issued today. It's already 1:21pm (usually occurs around 12:15pm) and I don't see any new numbers yet. Better luck next week folks. 

I'm guessing @Fisherman504 is going to https://www.lapels.com/indivsearch/ and searching for the biggest active license number. Or to be more precise, he's searching for the smallest license number that doesn't return a result. 

For example, if you go there and search for license number "43754" you find a person, but if you search for "43755" you get no records found. This assumes that license numbers are issued in numerical order (probably a good assumption).

I'm guessing @Fisherman504 is going to https://www.lapels.com/indivsearch/ and searching for the biggest active license number. Or to be more precise, he's searching for the smallest license number that doesn't return a result. 

For example, if you go there and search for license number "43754" you find a person, but if you search for "43755" you get no records found. This assumes that license numbers are issued in numerical order (probably a good assumption).
Ahh OK, I see how to do it now.  I thought there might have been somewhere else on the site that publishes the numbers that were released.  Thanks.

Ahh OK, I see how to do it now.  I thought there might have been somewhere else on the site that publishes the numbers that were released.  Thanks.
Yes. That's what I'm doing and 43754 was the last number from Thursday of last week.

So I just got my number, but it's not on the website yet, but should be by the end of the day. So if anybody wants to know, it's a 7 week average.

Back