Listing Engagement Summary and Reference when not including a letter?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byk

Reaction score
I am preparing my PE application (CA) and I am listing all PEs that I worked with.
I also included my previous boss but did not include his letter of recommendation (LOR) in my application.
The only reason I am listing him is to show that I have over 2 years of experience.
I do not have full 2 years at my current workplace (23 months).
However, I do have 4 letters from my current workplace so I do meet the minimum requirements.
Still, I am afraid that the board may reject my application since I do not have full 2 years at my current workplace (23 months) or because I did not include a LOR from him.

Am I overthinking this?

Thanks in advance!

I am preparing my PE application (CA) and I am listing all PEs that I worked with.
I also included my previous boss but did not include his letter of recommendation (LOR) in my application.
The only reason I am listing him is to show that I have over 2 years of experience.
However, I do have 4 letters from my current workplace so I do meet the minimum requirements.
Still, I am afraid that the board may reject my application since I do not have full 2 years at my current workplace (23 months) or because I did not include a LOR from him.

Am I overthinking this?

Thanks in advance!
Maybe @CAPLS can help.

I don't know anything about CA, but in Louisiana you need however many people are necessary to verify your 4 years of work experience and seperately you need 4 recommendations. It's nice if those are the same people, but not required. So I'm guessing you're good.

Am I overthinking this?

Thanks in advance!
You are required to document a minimum of 24 months of engineering work experience (in the discipline that you are applying for) gained under the supervision of an individual authorized to practice that engineering discipline in the location(s) where that experience was gained, provided you have previously graduated with an ABET engineering degree. It doesn't matter if that experience is gained while employed at one firm or multiple firms. Does this help to answer your concerns?

Back