License Number Assignments (California PE)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello engineers,
I received my second pass result on May,10th 2021
And till now my my license number is not published on the website, doe anyone here also late that much or more,
Please let me know so I won’t feel lonely

Hello engineers,
And till now my my license number is not published on the website, doe anyone here also late that much or more,
You should send me a PM with your name so I can check whats up

Does anybody that had their license issued on June 4, 2021 get their wall certificate yet?

I am now at the 8 week mark waiting for my license number. I got my last pass result June 7th and am still waiting. Is anyone else in the same boat?

My application was technically approved on June 23, 2021. I am still waiting for license number as 5 weeks has gone.

Ok I finally just got my wall certificate after emailing them last week asking for a status update. Here's my full history for reference:

Applied for PE: 3/23
Technical Review started: 5/7
License # issued: 5/21
License card received: 6/11
Wall certificate received: 8/2

I passed all exams May10th 2021. still waiting on my PE#. I have email the board many times, they just say there is a delay, and there is no estimate time for my PE#.

Hello engineers,
Did you get your number yet? I passed my last exam on May 10th too. still waiting on my PE#.

Ok I finally just got my wall certificate after emailing them last week asking for a status update. Here's my full history for reference:

Applied for PE: 3/23
Technical Review started: 5/7
License card received: 6/11
Wall certificate received: 8/2

I live outside of California so your response caught my attention. When you say “applied for PE”, is that AFTER passing all exams? Is there an additional review process after you apply, take and pass all exams?

sorry if this is a dumb question, like I said earlier I am not a CA resident and I thought I was up to speed on the process. I’ve only taken the national and seismic exam and will take surveying in the Fall, hence the questions.

I live outside of California so your response caught my attention. When you say “applied for PE”, is that AFTER passing all exams? Is there an additional review process after you apply, take and pass all exams?

sorry if this is a dumb question, like I said earlier I am not a CA resident and I thought I was up to speed on the process. I’ve only taken the national and seismic exam and will take surveying in the Fall, hence the questions.
I didn't apply for my license until after I passed all exams. The only prerequisite I needed in order to even take the PE exam was to just have passed the FE.

So I took the exam on 2/2/21. Then it took a grueling month and a half to fill out my application and hassle my 4 PE references to finally fill out their reference forms. I happen to live in Sacramento and drove to the Board office and hand delivered my application package and check on 3/23.

Took PE exam: 2/2
Hand delivered PE License application to BPELSG: 3/23
Notified that Technical Review started: 5/7
License wallet card received: 6/11
Wall Certificate received: 8/2

I didn't apply for my license until after I passed all exams. The only prerequisite I needed in order to even take the PE exam was to just have passed the FE.

So I took the exam on 2/2/21. Then it took a grueling month and a half to fill out my application and hassle my 4 PE references to finally fill out their reference forms. I happen to live in Sacramento and drove to the Board office and hand delivered my application package and check on 3/23.

Took PE exam: 2/2
Hand delivered PE License application to BPELSG: 3/23
Notified that Technical Review started: 5/7
License wallet card received: 6/11
Wall Certificate received: 8/2
Huh, i thought you could not take seismic and surveying unitl you recieved an Authorization To Take (ATT) the exams from the board after applying. Go figure. You are talking about civil, right?

I received both of my pass results for seismic and surveying on July 8, then I moved out of state the week after that. I tried to register my change of address through the Address Change Form (because I didn't yet have a BPELSG Connect account). I've since started a BPELSG Connect account but it doesn't show me as having an active application or license #. From the ten or so previous posts it seems that I've got another month or so to wait?

Last edited:
Huh, i thought you could not take seismic and surveying unitl you recieved an Authorization To Take (ATT) the exams from the board after applying. Go figure. You are talking about civil, right?
Haha sorry folks, I forgot which sub board I was posting in. This process was for electrical. Sorry for the confusion!

I received both of my pass results for seismic and surveying on July 8, then I moved out of state the week after that. I tried to register my change of address through the Address Change Form (because I didn't yet have a BPELSG Connect account). I've since started a BPELSG Connect account but it doesn't show me as having an active application or license #. From the ten or so previous posts it seems that I've got another month or so to wait?
Please PM me with your full name and I can check on that. The new Connect system does not directly link with the old legacy system by design.

Hi all, I got my results that I passed Seismic (my last exam) on May 5th and still haven’t received a PE number. Has anyone else received theirs? The board seems very behind as the document listing all the number says no civil licenses have been issued since 5/23/22

Hi all, I got my results that I passed Seismic (my last exam) on May 5th and still haven’t received a PE number. Has anyone else received theirs? The board seems very behind as the document listing all the number says no civil licenses have been issued since 5/23/22
PM me with your name

Back