License Number Assignments (California PE)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also passed 6/7 but did not receive my license during the overnight licensing run. I had emailed the evaluator for my name last week and they said I would receive it 7/3, and this was after asking for my middle initial, so I didn't think it was just a generic answer. Very disappointing...

Is there anyone else who received their final pass notice on 6/7 and did NOT receive their license number yet?
Who did you contact to ask about your license status?

Looks like at least some of the license numbers are up from those who got their last results on June 7! Haven’t received an email yet, but do a search (https://search.dca.ca.gov/) and you may just find you can add a PE to the end of your name today!

looks like just under a month from passing all requirements for civil to getting the number. I think it may be a different timeline for those who need the full application approved but have no extra tests.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear- so aggravating. It looks like about 50 Civil numbers were assigned on Friday. Hopefully yours will be the next 2 weeks
Yeah I hope so too. The whole process has been slow the entire way. Not really surprised that this final approval is also going to take months. In the end it really doesn't matter that I get it now or next month... Haha I'm just being impatient.

Yeah I hope so too. The whole process has been slow the entire way. Not really surprised that this final approval is also going to take months. In the end it really doesn't matter that I get it now or next month... Haha I'm just being impatient.
I get it. It was a super long process for me but I am finally done. It looks like they issued 130 licenses on 7/2 and part of that group luckily. (92690-92821) so seems they are making effort to get caught up.

I would like to know why the licensing takes so long after passing the tests. All of the background checks, references, experience, etc. is taken care of before Authorization to Test. It’s great that they release test results monthly (I would even understand if they only did that quarterly) but then for some reason it takes at least another month to assign sequential license numbers to candidates that have been fully vetted? And those of us who fell below some kind of arbitrary cut line have to wait an additional two weeks? At least I assume that’s where we’re at, the evaluator who told me I would receive my license number on 7/3 has not responded to my request for a status update, but at this point I have to assume it is another two weeks. And this is after having my testing delayed by two months due to the issues at Prometric.

I would like to know why the licensing takes so long after passing the tests. All of the background checks, references, experience, etc. is taken care of before Authorization to Test. It’s great that they release test results monthly (I would even understand if they only did that quarterly) but then for some reason it takes at least another month to assign sequential license numbers to candidates that have been fully vetted? And those of us who fell below some kind of arbitrary cut line have to wait an additional two weeks? At least I assume that’s where we’re at, the evaluator who told me I would receive my license number on 7/3 has not responded to my request for a status update, but at this point I have to assume it is another two weeks. And this is after having my testing delayed by two months due to the issues at Prometric.
I'm in the same exact boat. Had my March exam postponed to May. Then since I took my final test beginning of May had to wait over a month for the pass result in June. Now here in July waiting for the license # assignment still.

I feel for you. It sucks. You are not alone. My last test was cancelled 3 times and invalidated once and took at least 9 mo too long during COVID. I finally got my # last week. I think they issued 100+ so i think they are indeed trying to catch up. However, I do agree the ENTIRE process is needlessly painful in the digital age in a tech forward state. The Board is 20 years behind the times. The people that I interfaced were pleasant when I interacted with them- I will say that. Looking forward to the day you get your license.

I feel for you. It sucks. You are not alone. My last test was cancelled 3 times and invalidated once and took at least 9 mo too long during COVID. I finally got my # last week. I think they issued 100+ so i think they are indeed trying to catch up. However, I do agree the ENTIRE process is needlessly painful in the digital age in a tech forward state. The Board is 20 years behind the times. The people that I interfaced were pleasant when I interacted with them- I will say that. Looking forward to the day you get your license.
Thanks for the pep talk, sounds like you had it even worse with all the cancellations and delays. Both times I had to contact the board they were initially responsive and helpful, but any follow up correspondence has been ignored. It's frustrating considering we have no recourse but to sit and wait, and there is no transparency to the process.

CA Board typically issues licenses on Friday, which not appear in online License Search until the following morning (or Monday morning sometimes if system maintenance occurs). EIT/LSITs one week, professional level alternate weeks.

CA Board typically issues licenses on Friday, which not appear in online License Search until the following morning (or Monday morning sometimes if system maintenance occurs). EIT/LSITs one week, professional level alternate weeks.
Every other Friday, i believe. So the next would be 7/16.

Mine came in mid-week some time last week (either the 13th or 14th). Checked Wednesday morning randomly and it happened to be up. I would be at the 6 week mark today too.

Mine came in mid-week some time last week (either the 13th or 14th). Checked Wednesday morning randomly and it happened to be up. I would be at the 6 week mark today too.
I didn't bother to check every day since I was told they posted new numbers every-other Saturday, but I did randomly check on Thursday and found it had issued as well. I think the previous time I checked was probably this past Monday morning, so not sure when it actually posted. Funny (actually not funny, frustrating) thing is, when I check my details on the site it says my license issue date was July 2nd, but I definitely was not on the license look up until this week.

Back