Level of Gov't and Discipline

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldfishJack

Reaction score
I was curious as to what level of government and discipline all of you are so I will start off.

State DOT - Project Controls

federal - uniformed service - detailed to a native corporation - environmental (water and wastewater utilities)

so what area do you work in matt?  
I spam eb.com :)

My section regulates the state's wastewater collection and treatment infrastructure. Sometimes it feels like I'm stuck in a horrible place between engineers, lawyers, and engineers who think they're lawyers.

How about you?

Do you get to tell the feds what to do sometimes?

Do you get to tell the feds what to do sometimes?
Yep...it's quite fun sometime, i usually get what I ask for.  Even nicer when the base Colonel agrees with you at meetings and tells the crowd he will personally prohibit contractor entry onto base if I'm (meaning me) not satisfied with the design/work plans.  Although lately my document reviews have made the feds look like they have egg on their face since they supposedly reviewed them first and I find huge mistakes.  

Thanks Matt.

Do you deal with state owned collections systems. Or do you make sure municipalities are managing theirs correctly?
Both. But there aren't many state owned systems. It's mostly municipals wastewater treatment facilities and collection systems that I deal with. There are a few larger private owned WWTF/NPDES discharges that I inspect and one state owned.

County - Mechanical

The Mechanical license was a requirement for the job, but if I want to progress past Principle and apply for the Chief position then I have to have the Civil PE.

As a result, I'm actively studying for the Civil exam in October now. Boo...

But wait! We have a 5% salary differential if you have dual licenses so...free money by statute just by studying? Yay!

Back