Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started Schitt's Creek this weekend. I'm having a hard time watching it. The Mayor is the butler from Scary movie 2 and basically does the same thing he did in that movie with the turkey and mash potatoes.

Oh my gosh...the Home Alone Mom has not aged well.
Schitt's Creek is a great show to kill some time with. We've been watching it for a while, but we only watch a couple of shows a week. We love it, but I wouldn't want to binge it.

^Great show. Roland cracks me up.

Not sure if it's already been brought up in here, but anybody else geek out to the Repair Shop on Netflix? I put shows like this on out in the garage/shop when I'm putzin' on projects.
Guilty. I love that show. It's amazing the work they do. I am a weekend warrior "woodworker" (used loosely) so I really geek out when Will has a furniture restoration to do. His work is incredible.

My wife and I just welcomed our 2nd son on Monday and I was given the go ahead to go home and continue working while she's recovering in the hospital. Since she has zero interest in the Queen's Gambit I figured this was a perfect opportunity to dive in. Finished the first episode last night and I'm intrigued....

THe queen gambit starts off good then by mid season it's like I dunno if I want to keep watching then it picks up again and ends strong.

THe queen gambit starts off good then by mid season it's like I dunno if I want to keep watching then it picks up again and ends strong.
oh great...I usually give shows 4-5 episodes to capture me. If they don't, I bail. I could never get into Breaking Bad because of this. I wanted to like it, I really did but after like 8 episodes it lost me. Yes, I've since watched it all as my wife loved it, but my first attempt to watch alone soured it for me.

Same with Boardwalk Empire when it was on TV. I was hooked for a few episodes and then NOTHING was happening. Lost interest and don't care to revisit...

Started binge watching Grey's Anatomy after watching all of Bridgerton because...Shonda...

Mr. Tex is about to unplug the TV.

Started binge watching Grey's Anatomy after watching all of Bridgerton because...Shonda...

Mr. Tex is about to unplug the TV.
Grey's is a staple here...more so something to throw on at bedtime as we've seen it end to end several times and don't care about what is actually happening. BUT, once you get further into it it becomes a bit of a stretch...how many bad things can happen to the same exact people..

Thanks @leggo PE...everyone comes home tomorrow. Working from home today, scrambling to get everything ready and wrangling a 2 year old. It's been fun few days.

Guilty. I love that show. It's amazing the work they do. I am a weekend warrior "woodworker" (used loosely) so I really geek out when Will has a furniture restoration to do. His work is incredible.
They are all pretty skilled on that show, and it's really changed the way I tackle repair projects. I've always been able to build or "fix" most things, but the approach they use has changed my thought process to more of a methodical one (precise vs. OCD). Suits my engineer mind.
...And congrats on the new addition.

Started binging Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO Max to take my mind off the PE results suck. After I got the results I'm still binging because this show is comedy gold!

They are all pretty skilled on that show, and it's really changed the way I tackle repair projects. I've always been able to build or "fix" most things, but the approach they use has changed my thought process to more of a methodical one (precise vs. OCD). Suits my engineer mind.
...And congrats on the new addition.
Oh without a doubt. They're all awesome. The clock guy (Peter?) blows my mind - his name eludes me at the moment. I'm just more partial to the woodworking they do. And thank you very much.

Another "fun" show to watch is Blown Away. It's a glass blowing competition show. It's incredible what they can do too. And some of the contestants are...ahem...out there? I fear I just don't understand "art"...but the show is neat.

Oh without a doubt. They're all awesome. The clock guy (Peter?) blows my mind - his name eludes me at the moment. I'm just more partial to the woodworking they do. And thank you very much.

Another "fun" show to watch is Blown Away. It's a glass blowing competition show. It's incredible what they can do too. And some of the contestants are...ahem...out there? I fear I just don't understand "art"...but the show is neat.
^ Yeah, I've binged watched most of season 1 and 2 now. Any of the craftsmen/repair/DIY and I'm hooked, probably because I grew up in the 80's in northern WI and only 4 channels. I watched a lot of This Old House and New Yankee Workshop.

^ Yeah, I've binged watched most of season 1 and 2 now. Any of the craftsmen/repair/DIY and I'm hooked, probably because I grew up in the 80's in northern WI and only 4 channels. I watched a lot of This Old House and New Yankee Workshop.
Well then, Forged In Fire goes without saying then? I enjoy that one and it looks like they just recently got added to the Netflix lineup.

I enjoy the This Old House stuff on YouTube. It was a little before my time. I've never seen New Yankee but I have heard of it. I'll have to see if I can track down some episodes.

Well then, Forged In Fire goes without saying then? I enjoy that one and it looks like they just recently got added to the Netflix lineup.

I enjoy the This Old House stuff on YouTube. It was a little before my time. I've never seen New Yankee but I have heard of it. I'll have to see if I can track down some episodes.
Of course, I have a History channel app to catch all the latest Forged in Fire. If you're into woodworking, checkout the Samurai Carpenter on YT.

Huge forged in fire family here. Minisnick can sit at watch a blacksmith for hours.
That's great, we had my nephew over for a night last summer and we stayed up late watching the last season. Got him hooked, so hooked in fact that his dad bought them a forge and a bunch of blanks and have been cranking out designs for months now. My sister (bakes a lot) is getting a little frustrated with how often their oven is commandeered for tempering activities. They made my wife and I matching ankle shankers for xmas, and a custom laser engraved box. I love all of it.

Norm Abrams was the Bob Vila of fine woodworking/furniture.

That's an insult to Norm. Bob Vila's an asshole, sellout narcissist. But yes I agree as far as promoting their respective fields (although Norm is actually a carpenter too)

Started watching Animal Kingdom, defin not what I thought it would be, sort of like Point Break meets the Adams Family

That's an insult to Norm. Bob Vila's an asshole, sellout narcissist. But yes I agree as far as promoting their respective fields (although Norm is actually a carpenter too)
I agree, but it was really in reference to the popularity/fanbase of the shows during their peak 90's airtime.

watched 1st season of Blown away this weekend. started off okay, but they need to get their **** together as a show. The judging was out there, what's the point of the making sticking to the theme a criteria if you are going to judge differently. Either you are truly looking for the best glass blower or you predetermined you wanted a girl to win to show the boys club girls can do it too. Sorry I wont be watching season 2. The winner should not have even made it to the finals.

Back