Last thing watched on netflix / Amazon..................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't sleep the other night and was so desperate that I ended up watching "69" on Hulu. I apologize, it was late and my mind wasn't right.

Basically just solidified my opinion about today's music industry being full of morons if they think Takashi 69 has any sort of talent. No reason at all why he ever should have had any sort relevance

We watched "Chef" recently (on Netflix, I think, otherwise it was on HBO Max). It was really good! I recommend it for a feel good movie, especially if you like to see beautiful food!

Started "Designated Survivor" last night. Much better than actual politics.

We watched the first two seasons when it was on broadcast and it was decent. Eventually we'll get a Netflix subscription and watch the third season, now that we have a good enough internet connection to be able to stream.

We watched the first two seasons when it was on broadcast and it was decent. Eventually we'll get a Netflix subscription and watch the third season, now that we have a good enough internet connection to be able to stream.
I mean, sure a lot of it is pretty unbelievable and there's a new "plot twist" every episode, but at least that keeps it moving quickly enough that it doesn't get stale.

I mean, sure a lot of it is pretty unbelievable and there's a new "plot twist" every episode, but at least that keeps it moving quickly enough that it doesn't get stale.
Watched the first season when it aired and couldn't get enough of it. Wife and I were so pumped for the second season but felt it became a little predictable. Then when they announced the cancellation we stopped completely.

Big fan of The Final Table on Netflix. If anyone is into the cooking competition shows this one was pretty unique.

And then the manchild in me...Big Mouth at least for the first 2 seasons. Really haven't had the chance to catch up beyond that..

I like cooking competition shows! I haven't heard of "The Final Table". I'm going to check it out!
Hope you like it. I thought it was a nice change of pace from your typical Chopped, GGG et. al. where it's just a race against the clock. Although the rounds are still timed, it was just a bit different feel to it.

More of a "fine dining" plate showcase, but it was really enjoyable.

You guys may like "James May's: Oh, Cook". He's the guy from Top Gear who got filmed doing a cooking show while writing his cookbook. Except that he doesn't really know how to cook. It's on Prime.

Season 5 of The Expanse has been pretty good. Some pretty cliff-hangy stuff. I like that they're releasing episodes weekly, like the Mandalorian. I like stretching the viewing out more.

Haha, my favorite cooking competition show is Top Chef, so I like fine dining stuff!
I like the idea of "fine dining". But what gets me is the "Make a meal"...and the final dish is like a little tartar on a cracker...and I'm like THAT'S NOT EVEN A SNACK!...or maybe that's the appropriate portion size and I'm just a gluttonous fool that eats until he hates himself at every meal because I love food...but in a different way than these master chefs...

I like the idea of "fine dining". But what gets me is the "Make a meal"...and the final dish is like a little tartar on a cracker...and I'm like THAT'S NOT EVEN A SNACK!...or maybe that's the appropriate portion size and I'm just a gluttonous fool that eats until he hates himself at every meal because I love food...but in a different way than these master chefs...
I feel you on that! Sometimes I'm like, that's NOT a portion, in my eyes. But then I think about when I've been out to eat at a fine dining restaurant (which hasn't been often, but has definitely happened throughout my life) and remember that the portions are pretty similar. I mean, sometimes, it's definitely a stretch -- I feel like Chopped is better at calling people out for not providing the appropriate amount of food for whatever the challenge was.

I feel you on that! Sometimes I'm like, that's NOT a portion, in my eyes. But then I think about when I've been out to eat at a fine dining restaurant (which hasn't been often, but has definitely happened throughout my life) and remember that the portions are pretty similar. I mean, sometimes, it's definitely a stretch -- I feel like Chopped is better at calling people out for not providing the appropriate amount of food for whatever the challenge was.
What gets me about Chopped sometimes is when they "ding" the chef on a steak dish with the comment "Oh it's too rare for me" or "A little over for me"...Like they aren't taking your order on how you like your steak and Christ, they just made a side dish out of lima beans, goat testicles and a leather boot....give them a break.

What gets me about Chopped sometimes is when they "ding" the chef on a steak dish with the comment "Oh it's too rare for me" or "A little over for me"...Like they aren't taking your order on how you like your steak and Christ, they just made a side dish out of lima beans, goat testicles and a leather boot....give them a break.
Yeah, haha. As long as it's not blue (and clearly undercooked), EAT IT! Maybe that's the way the chef actually wanted it!

Started Schitt's Creek this weekend. I'm having a hard time watching it. The Mayor is the butler from Scary movie 2 and basically does the same thing he did in that movie with the turkey and mash potatoes.

Oh my gosh...the Home Alone Mom has not aged well.

Started Schitt's Creek this weekend. I'm having a hard time watching it. The Mayor is the butler from Scary movie 2 and basically does the same thing he did in that movie with the turkey and mash potatoes.

Oh my gosh...the Home Alone Mom has not aged well.
It's still worth the watch. The Mayor is really only a side character, he's not featured all that much.

^Great show. Roland cracks me up.

Not sure if it's already been brought up in here, but anybody else geek out to the Repair Shop on Netflix? I put shows like this on out in the garage/shop when I'm putzin' on projects.

^Great show. Roland cracks me up.

Not sure if it's already been brought up in here, but anybody else geek out to the Repair Shop on Netflix? I put shows like this on out in the garage/shop when I'm putzin' on projects.

I'd never heard of it, but now I have to watch it after a quick Google search.

Back