Kids of EB

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope the used car market bounces back strongly, because she can't even walk without crashing into things, never mind drive.  

I still have a couple years, but I've already been threatening the boys that they'll be learning to drive in my F350. I figure if they can drive that, they should be able to drive just about anything.

minisnick still has about 5 yrs until driving, but that will be about the time I am due for a new car, so he will likely get my pilot and I pick out something new.  Although mr snick will be due for a new vehicle about the same time so at least he will have a choice when the time comes.  

I still have a couple years, but I've already been threatening the boys that they'll be learning to drive in my F350. I figure if they can drive that, they should be able to drive just about anything.
My father forced me to learn to drive in his '85 Toyota pickup.  Standard cab, 8 foot bed, world's sloppiest stick shift with the world's heaviest clutch, vinyl bench that stunk permanently of farts and gold pack Marlboros.  He made me learn to drive IN REVERSE before anything else using just my mirrors.  I was scared shitless that I was going to punch a hole in the side of our middle school as I backed the truck up around the little tree island in the parking lot, around the back driveway with the steel guardrail that kept you from toppling down onto the soccer fields/baseball diamond, and then out onto the adjoining street.

Looked just like this, only without the Yosemite Sam mudflaps.

JT4RN55D6F0130603_4.jpg

I learned how to drive in a Chevy Chevette with a 4-speed when I was about 14. Dad had me running quick tripe to the little stores up the street. By the time I was 16 and the driving instructor showed up, I was driving with one hand on the wheel and one arm out the window. Had to do the driving with an instructor by law, so we spent the time with me driving around doing her errands.

image.jpeg

My 13 y/o daughter has applied for the "computer science" career and technical education program at the high school for next year. I was hoping she would do the "pre-engineeing" program, but I guess computer science is ok.

I learned how to drive in a Chevy Chevette with a 4-speed when I was about 14. Dad had me running quick tripe to the little stores up the street. By the time I was 16 and the driving instructor showed up, I was driving with one hand on the wheel and one arm out the window. Had to do the driving with an instructor by law, so we spent the time with me driving around doing her errands.

View attachment 19214
My first ride was a gold 86 'vette

Back