It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Friday, weirdos!

My plans are to make bread for a friend’s potluck outdoor birthday party tomorrow, and start the finishing of our new media center, which arrived yesterday in many more pieces than we were initially expecting. Great for finishing, but I’m not convinced I have enough standoffs, ha!

What’s everyone else up to?

I recorded some Little League World Games for our son to watch. XBox Warzone tonight, golf in the morning. Church on Sunday. Still too hot to do much outside between late morning/early afternoon.

Hey all! Happy Friday! I hope your week’s weren’t too crazy and that you have exactly the plans for the weekend that you want.

Me? I’m going to the Hella Mega Tour (Weezer, Fall Out Boy, and Green Day) tonight, and then will take my chances baking an apple pie for my dad’s momentous 80th birthday on Sunday. I’m not usually a pie baker, so this is a bit of a departure for me and my baking experience. However, I put my full trust in Deb Perelman (of Smitten Kitchen) and Alison Roman, so I think I’ll be okay. Wish me luck and no soggy bottoms!

This week was chayy, oss. Warrants some "Bum Bum, Bubba Gump... BAHWL Bum Bum Bump, Bubba Gump"... and some 22's of hipster juice.
Edit: @0:54 1630093490751.png

Last edited:
Happy Friday before a three day weekend, everyone!! What’s on the docket?

I don’t have much planned besides a get together with some friends tomorrow and maybe we’ll do a grill session for Labor Day? Also, baking bread and maybe bagels too. Oh, and trying to hit 10 miles on a run to prove to myself I’ll be okay to do 13.1 next weekend.

Parents coming in tonight and staying through the weekend. Golf with dad and one of my friends Sunday. Dad is making burritos tomorrow night. Wife bought some t-bones so I'm grilling steaks Sunday. Should be a nice weekend!

Happy Friday!! Who’s got the jams??

Not much planned for me this weekend, which inevitably means I’ll find something to bake and something reasonably complicated to cook. :)

Happy Friday, everyone! What’s on the docket this weekend?

I’m getting dinner with Mr. leggo and his aunt and uncle tomorrow night, getting my hair cut, and hopefully making this absolutely freaking delicious raspberry bars. Don’t be fooled by their title; I consider them more a fantastic dessert option than a true breakfast bar. Yum!!

The usual: Friday night XBox, golf in the morning. Our 4-year old's friend across the street has 6th birthday party tomorrow. Watch Vols get destroyed by Florida tomorrow night. Church Sunday. Pray for Team USA to win Ryder Cup, knowing they probably won't.

It’s Friday!! Much like the thread title states.

I have dinner plans with my step brother and his wife tonight. It will be nice to see them for the first time in a few years!

Otherwise, I’m hoping the Giants clinch the NL West (2 games up on the Dodgers with 3 games left to play in the season) and that this nice weather sticks around for a bit longer!

What’s anyone/everyone else got planned?

It’s Friday!! Much like the thread title states.

I have dinner plans with my step brother and his wife tonight. It will be nice to see them for the first time in a few years!

Otherwise, I’m hoping the Giants clinch the NL West (2 games up on the Dodgers with 3 games left to play in the season) and that this nice weather sticks around for a bit longer!

What’s anyone/everyone else got planned?
I'm just shocked the Dodgers are only 2 games behind.

I'm just shocked the Dodgers are only 2 games behind.
Every article I read points out something like the fact that the Dodgers won again and didn’t gain a game on the Giants, well this is the 29th time in 30 games this has happened… Or something like that. I just hope the Giants can pull of the title for the division to take it away from the evil Dodgers, for the first time in about a decade.

I also have tickets to the first NLDS game played in SF, and would love the Giants to just book their ticket straight through and not have to deal with the wildcard play-in game. They’ve also had the best record in baseball and been the first to reach 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 games, gotten their highest win total since moving to SF (104, though they got to 105 yesterday), and been in first place (albeit with one day of shared first place with the Dodgers a month or two ago, but they never fell behind!) in their division since May.

It would be massively disappointing to NOT have the Giants win the division, but the dang evil Dodgers are just so freaking loaded with money and talent that it’s still very much within the realm of possibility.

Every article I read points out something like the fact that the Dodgers won again and didn’t gain a game on the Giants, well this is the 29th time in 30 games this has happened… Or something like that. I just hope the Giants can pull of the title for the division to take it away from the evil Dodgers, for the first time in about a decade.

I also have tickets to the first NLDS game played in SF, and would love the Giants to just book their ticket straight through and not have to deal with the wildcard play-in game. They’ve also had the best record in baseball and been the first to reach 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 games, gotten their highest win total since moving to SF (104, yesterday), and been in first place (albeit with one day of shared first place with the Dodgers a month or two ago, but they never fell behind!) in their division since May.

It would be massively disappointing to NOT have the Giants win the division, but the dang evil Dodgers are just so freaking loaded with money and talent that it’s still very much within the realm of possibility.
GO (evil) DODGERS! :ROFLMAO:

Back