Is this place gonna explode in over a month?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EdinNO

Its a little slow now, but I bet its gonna be WILD over here a month from now!

Ed

Last edited:
Yeah, and 350 of them will make like two posts. One panicing when they see their state's results coming in and they haven't gotten theirs. Then another when they gloat how they passed. Then they will disappear forever.

at least we can hold that no name in the banner thing over their head?

what was going to be the minimum? 20 posts to get in the banner? or 500?

Why does the activity go up AFTER the test? i would have thought that things would continue to rise until the test date and then go back down afterwards. Do folks turn here to discuss how they attacked problems and such?

-GT

VT, why so angry?
I just think it's kinda lame when people register and post once and disappear. Especially if it's just to say they passed. It's exciting because you think there's a bunch of new members, then nothing pans out from it.

That, and I may be in a slightly grouchy mood because I'm designing a stormwater detention pond that has to detain 60,000 ft^3 of water for 12 hours minimum. Grr.

GT,

From past expereince, the activity goes up right after the test to commiserate over the difficulty of the test, share experiences, etc....

Then, after about 1 month, people start getting antsy and talking about when the results will come out, etc....

Hopefully, people will really get into discussing problems and methods prior to the exam as well.

Ed

People come to complain about NCEES and State Board. The smilies will be flying. Especially :suicide: :brick: :mail: :drunk: :ruh:

hahahaha

that's so true... I suggest we put it to vote (the minimum number of posts to have their name in the banner...) My suggestion: a minimum of 100 posts. :dsgt:

What is this mythical banner I hear talk of? Does inclusion on such item get you a discount at Red Lobster or something?

-GT

Good idea Doc.

100 sounds like a good number.

Maybe RG can put a banner up stating that 100 posts are required to be on the passing banner.

Ed

Your name (at least your board name) goes up on a scrolling banner if you pass, congratulating you for the job well done.

Its nice to be on it. No Red Lobster, but you do get to continue to post here! :thumbsup:

Ed

We did say a while back (after the last one) that it would take 25 post minimum to be on the banner this time.

I put dozens of names up there for people who had one post. That post was to just say "add my name".

100 might be a little much, but I'd say AT LEAST 25.

Yeah, you might be right. However, if you guys advertise the minimum, be it 25, 50, 100 it might encourage people to start posting now to get their count up in order to be in on the banner.

Ed

Last edited:
No discount at Red Lobster...what good is that!?!

I take it you guys have problems with a bunch of users with 1 post and such?

-GT

I take it you guys have problems with a bunch of users with 1 post and such?
No, not really, it's just that it bites to have 60 names on the banner, and only 10 of them being good contributing members. The contributing members get their names lost in the 'shuffle', because the last list was LONG.

The banner will be used as 'pat on the back' to our members. That's all.

Back