Investing

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Million dollar home is location dependent. Without leaving town. We could get a 5-6 bedroom house on the lake for about a half million.

The valuation of gamestop is not sustainable long term, right? Why wouldn't everyone sell after driving the price that high?

Also, what are these "Reddit principles"?

The valuation of gamestop is not sustainable long term, right? Why wouldn't everyone sell after driving the price that high?

Also, what are these "Reddit principles"?
It's debatable. Many make the case that its viable with a shift towards online sales and store closings to cut costs/overhead.

The "Reddit principle" in this case is don't sell no matter what, f over the hedge fund guys/short sellers as long as humanly possible.

I bought AMC months ago, just on the whim that cinema attendance will pick up once society reopens. Because of these crazy WSB sub-redditors, I made like $500 on a $20 investment on AMC. I'm not selling. I'll let it ride. 🚀🚀🚀

It's debatable. Many make the case that its viable with a shift towards online sales and store closings to cut costs/overhead.
Where else would you go to sell your old Xbox so that you could buy your new Xbox...?

Just thankful I've got a little crypto...The rest of the market tanked today. Still all green overall except one energy stock. Very long on that one though...

Also, outperformed my 401K by a long shot for last year. Kind of makes me wonder why I would max it out over the company match...

Million dollar home is location dependent. Without leaving town. We could get a 5-6 bedroom house on the lake for about a half million.
And here you could get a nice fixer-upper!
/s, but barely

@civilrobot Nice bet! hindsight making you wish you put in a few more dimes, I bet! I'm having a similar moment with a Tech/3D Printing ETF (my investing "fun" money) that has suddenly perked up.

Just thankful I've got a little crypto...The rest of the market tanked today. Still all green overall except one energy stock. Very long on that one though...

Also, outperformed my 401K by a long shot for last year. Kind of makes me wonder why I would max it out over the company match...
To paraphrase my accountant:
- As much as you need to put in your 401k to get the max match
- Anything left over dump into paying off your house
- After you pay off your house put everything you can into stocks

I said something along the lines of "I don't think my investment advisor agrees with your plan".
He shrugged and said "You're probably right".

Back