import routing into Eplan ProPanel 2.9 (terminal strip problems)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ovrride

Reaction score
Hi,

I have some troubles with the import of routingconnections in Eplan Pro panel.
Every time I import my routing connections, a new connection point pattern is created on my first terminal article. Even if it's an end-clamp

has anybody experienced this before? and how did you fix it?

the point of this test is to create a routed 3D-layout without any electrical schematics behind it. I tried it with imported temrinal strips, with newly made... but the routing i import keeps messing things up...

Thanks,
Yves

1648631971598.png

Yes, I'm very familiar with this process. Have you already found a solution?

There are a few reasons why this happens.

1. You are importing values that correctly designate the DT of the part but not the Connection point. EPLAN always responds by adding a new connection point with 0,0,0 coordinates.
2. Basically the same as above except it is unintentional. The wrong context is used when importing a connection and EPLAN assumes the wrong values are in fact connection point references. This happens most with terminals and not general devices because terminals need an additional value to indicate "internal" or "external" connection data.

Now to explain your issue. A terminal strip has a shared DT. So whatever object is the first on a terminal strip is considered FIRST by EPLAN when importing. So if you import to "X72:1" but your context is wrong EPLAN will assume the "1" is in fact a connection point instead of a terminal designation. This then lands on your cover or end stop or first terminal (which ever is first).

To import a connection to a terminal the following context is followed:
=F1+P-X72:1:2

This is likely what you've got. So what you are most likely missing is a designation of "Internal" or "External". This is a separate column value that must be imported at the same time. From the "Import connection data" dialog go into the settings for "Field assignment" and edit your scheme (make a copy so you don't loose what you have). You must add a column that includes "Intern" or "Extern" indication. I actually change these defaults to a "1" and a "2" for easier data entry in my Excel connection list which is done from the "Import connection data" dialog's last 2 fields called "Designation for 'internal'" and "Designation for 'external'". You then map it to "Internal / External index: Source <31140>" and "Internal / External index: Target<31141>" respectfully. I'll past the first 7 rows of my scheme.

I don't subscribe here, just happen to be searching for how to import connection data for cables when I saw your question.

Column numberExternal data field nameProperty
2Wire#Connection designation <31011>
3SourceSource <31019>
4TerminalInternal/ExternalSourceInternal / External index: Source <31140>
5TargetTarget <31020>
6TerminalInternal/ExternalTargetInternal / External index: Target <31141>
7WireSizeConnection: Cross-section / diameter <31002>
8ColourConnection color / number <31004>

- Joseph Edmonds

Back