Impact of BIM on Structural Design Process

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sander47

Reaction score
Hi, I am a 3rd year Civil Engineering student currently carrying out my dissertation on the impact of BIM on the structural design process. As part of my research I have designed a questionnaire aimed at professionals involved in the structural design process, whether their company has adopted BIM yet or not.It would be greatly appreciated if you could fill out the questionnaire (link provided below) and provide an insight into your views and experiences with BIM.https://demo-account.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-impact-of-building-information-modelling-on-the-structMany thanks.

I think part of it is broken.  I just started it and was trying to answer and even if a select an answer, for instance I said on problem #1 that I'm a structural engineer, it requires me to also fill out the "other" write-in tab even if it is not selected.  

Also, I have no idea how to answer "What Level of BIM" our company has instituted.  I have no idea what level 1, 2, or 3 refer to without some sort of explanation as to what the levels mean.  

Back