Illinois license number

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^sorry to hear that. Oh yeah the math was a killer requirement! I think I had a math class every semester except my last.

I dunno I'm going to have to call.

Section 1380.210 Approved Engineering Program

Mathematics (beyond trigonometry) – 15 hours.

Physics and Chemistry – 15 hours.

Engineering Sciences – 30 hours.

Engineering Design – 15 hours.

Humanities/Social Sciences – 15 hours.

Is what it calls for...at Louisville we called Calculus, Engineering Analysis 1, 2, 3 which is 12 hours

^sorry to hear that. Oh yeah the math was a killer requirement! I think I had a math class every semester except my last.
I was required to take Calculus 1, 2, and 3 and then Intro to Differential Equations. My last semester I took one extra Math course (Intermediate Diff Eq) and was awarded a minor in Mathematics. Yes, lots of math!! And I barely use any of it nowadays :smileyballs:

Yeah I had all of that.

I contacted Louisville and they are going to send a letter to the Illinois Board to hopefully clear the confusion.

yep 3 semesters of calc, diff EQ, linear algebra (matrix theory ****), i also took finite math and stats is a math like class too.

I dunno I'm going to have to call.Section 1380.210 Approved Engineering Program

Mathematics (beyond trigonometry) – 15 hours.

Physics and Chemistry – 15 hours.

Engineering Sciences – 30 hours.

Engineering Design – 15 hours.

Humanities/Social Sciences – 15 hours.

Is what it calls for...at Louisville we called Calculus, Engineering Analysis 1, 2, 3 which is 12 hours

I'm sorry that sucks. Mine came through last Friday, so a pretty quick turnaround after the meeting.

As far as the math I had was Calculus I, II, III and Differential Equations. There may have been one other class but I don't remember.

Yeah I dug up the requirements and it's just 15 hours of math classes:

Engineering Analysis 1 (ie. Calculus 1) - 4 hours

Engineering Analysis 2 (ie. Calculus 2) - 4 hours

Engineering Analysis 3 (ie. Calculus 3) - 4 hours

Differential Equations - 2 hours

Probability and Statistics - 3 hours

Numerical Methods - 3 hours

Linear Algebra - 3 hours

I just think the problem is Louisville calls it Engineering Analysis instead of Calculus

I was required to take Calculus 1, 2, and 3 and then Intro to Differential Equations. My last semester I took one extra Math course (Intermediate Diff Eq) and was awarded a minor in Mathematics. Yes, lots of math!! And I barely use any of it nowadays :smileyballs:
Yup, same here. Go math minor! :rolleyes:

Back