I passed Pe construction CBT from the first time

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, congrats
Any in site would be appreciated. Are the six min textbook questions similar to the exam questions? I'm seeing solutions that reference ASCE 7, which I don't believe is going to be available ?

John, congrats
Any in site would be appreciated. Are the six min textbook questions similar to the exam questions? I'm seeing solutions that reference ASCE 7, which I don't believe is going to be available ?
I solved all books available in market , all of them i study school of pe and eet both, honestly they have lack of many subject like piles and lifting cranes and temporary structure
The main problem in CBT the reference book is very simple almost cover 30% of problems you have to remember some equation formulas its not like paper test

my advice solve tons of question but you have to focus on the knowledge and concepts also since most conceptual questions are tricky

John, congrats
All references listed in the exam specification will be given to you as a searchable PDF.

Dear , i passed the exam , this reference nothing related to geo or structure questions
I wasn't talking to you. I was answering @Ant2030's question. No, ASCE 7 would not be provided on the PE Civil Construction exam because it is not listed in the exam specification.

1645106377504.png

Hi,

i am so glad to share with you my achievement , i just passed the PE exam CBT
I am one of the first engineer took the Pe exam CBT version

it was really so hard but i did it
Can you please tell me what references were provided in the exam. Reference manual, ASCE7-10, ACI 318, NDS, AISC 14th ed, IBC and what else? OSHA manual was provided or not? For the Structures PM portion the reference manual is useless I think. How did you manage then? Were the AM and PM questions mixed up or they were like 40 AM questions arranged in order and then 41-80 were PM questions? what is the strategy of quick searching in pdf?

Can you please tell me what references were provided in the exam. Reference manual, ASCE7-10, ACI 318, NDS, AISC 14th ed, IBC and what else? OSHA manual was provided or not? For the Structures PM portion the reference manual is useless I think. How did you manage then? Were the AM and PM questions mixed up or they were like 40 AM questions arranged in order and then 41-80 were PM questions? what is the strategy of quick searching in pdf?
The same reference listed in ncees website you ganna find it , but for osha its different they provide like scanned copy but you can still use find tool.
For first 40 question most difficult part is structure and geo cause you have to rely on your memory and you have to know the main formulas .
I got surprised by 4 question related to piles!!!
But i handle based on experience only

the conceptual question are tricky you have to read it twice and think properly before select the answer

The same reference listed in ncees website you ganna find it , but for osha its different they provide like scanned copy but you can still use find tool.
For first 40 question most difficult part is structure and geo cause you have to rely on your memory and you have to know the main formulas .

the conceptual question are tricky you have to read it twice and think properly before select the answer
No there no any code related to aci 318 or aashtto or else only what they list in the exam spec, you will find 40 breadth question then rest time then start struggling with difficult question in depth

No there no any code related to aci 318 or aashtto or else only what they list in the exam spec, you will find 40 breadth question then rest time then start struggling with difficult question in depth
So for the AM portion only the NCEES reference manual was provided? Is that correct? For PM - what codes were provided?

John, congrats!

What was the best resource you had to review all of the materials listed in the exam specification?

Cheers,

John, congrats!

What was the best resource you had to review all of the materials listed in the exam specification?

Cheers,
Thanks,
I study EET and school of Pe both as self study just took it from friends 🙄 and i solved all problems books on the market all of it. What i mentioned prepare you around 60% percent only based on what i saw in the real exam .
You have to make review for fundamentals of both geostructure and structure other wise you gonna screwed up in the exam.
In addition you have to read the standards not all of it but for osha excavation scaffolding and cranes for sp-4 chapter 4 till 9 , for mutc focus on temporary traffic control , for asce and aci 317 you have to read it in depth many questions i got from both standards, for bracing masonry just read it once to be familiar with it
During exam you have to properly read and think before answer most of question is tricky
Try to solve problems as you can and try memorize basic formulas

Is it fair to say that most of the questions are derived from the references provided by NCEES? You state that some questions for structural are solved from memory. Are these q’s regarding basic property type questions?

Thanks,
I study EET and school of Pe both as self study just took it from friends 🙄 and i solved all problems books on the market all of it. What i mentioned prepare you around 60% percent only based on what i saw in the real exam .
You have to make review for fundamentals of both geostructure and structure other wise you gonna screwed up in the exam.
In addition you have to read the standards not all of it but for osha excavation scaffolding and cranes for sp-4 chapter 4 till 9 , for mutc focus on temporary traffic control , for asce and aci 317 you have to read it in depth many questions i got from both standards, for bracing masonry just read it once to be familiar with it
During exam you have to properly read and think before answer most of question is tricky
Try to solve problems as you can and
Is it fair to say that most of the questions are derived from the references provided by NCEES? You state that some questions for structural are solved from memory. Are these q’s regarding basic property type questions?
I got one question for short column and other question for two shear footing both never mentioned in reference

Congrats. Question for all in Construction - My son is in construction heavily but his degree (Building Construction) is from a school of Architecture. Thus he never had the EIT. Would it be even possible for him to take this PE exam, if he has sufficient knowledge and experience from what I read here? Trying to talk my son about the PE... Thanks for any insights.

Back