I miss studying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy167

Passed PE
Reaction score
I took FE about 8 months ago and then right after that started studying for PE. Studying for hours on weekends and weekdays was a norm for last 6-8 months. Towards the end, I was getting seek of solving complex problems on calculator, even if you knew you can solve the problem, I would still solve the problem till the end to make sure the answer matches, because on some problems you would find out even if you thought you knew how to solve, you missed something and then you learn from your mistake. For this 2-3% problems, you have to solve every problem instead of just scanning through the problems  and knowing actually steps instead of punching the numbers in the calculator and checking your answers.  

Anyway, the main point is, since the exam on Friday, I suddenly find  a lots of time and kind of miss studying. I sometimes feel like going back to books and solving some of the problems just to make sure you can solve them. Whether you pass or fail, if you are in the electrical engineering field then knowing this stuff can't hurt. 

I'm almost 50 and can't think of doing any other exam like FE or PE if I pass for the rest of my life. It is crazy when you you think about stuff like this. 

What is your experience post the exam?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the same.  I took the FE in August (ish) and the PE last Friday.  We differ on the whole missing studying thing though 😂

Anyway, the main point is, since the exam on Friday, I suddenly find  a lots of time and kind of miss studying. I sometimes feel like going back to books and solving some of the problems just to make sure you can solve them. Whether you pass or fail, if you are in the electrical engineering field then knowing this stuff can't hurt.
I’m kinda on the same boat, but maybe for a different reason. I’ve always enjoyed studying and figuring things out; I’m one of those people that would probably stay in school the rest of my life if someone would pay me to do it.

Definitely don’t miss the stress of preparing for the exam, though...

Back