Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe in your abilities? :giggle:

leggo PE

Straight Waffle-izer
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh, no one really likes change, do they? I think everyone will get used to the site and how it is now!

jean15paul_PE

FEA Wizard
Reaction score
I'm still really missing the "go to next active thread" button that used to exist at the bottom of every thread, no matter the forum.

I'm not seeing a way to jump from one thread to the next without going back to the base forum. Can this be addressed, @Angie?
I never knew that button existed. I wonder how many people used it?

leggo PE

Straight Waffle-izer
Staff member
Reaction score
I never knew that button existed. I wonder how many people used it?
Did you never actually scroll to the bottom of a thread? It definitely used to be there and was soooo very useful for checking forums with many active threads since the last time you checked.

ChebyshevII PE

Don of EB Mafia
EB Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw that my supporting membership payment was cancelled. Do I need to set one up again? Or what's going on?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are changing over from Mike's account to the new account. We will be working on things for a couple of days.

leggo PE

Straight Waffle-izer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @Angie! Is there any way we could get our old emoticons (or at least a few of them) back?

Tagging @Road Guy for good measure.

MadamPirate PE

Murder. Just Murder.
EB Supporter
Reaction score
Why are there rate limits on posting and PMs? I can understand this for guest accounts, or even newer accounts, but supporter accounts and accounts with high message numbers and reaction scores shouldn't be rate limited.

JayKay PE

Lower Intestine Aficionado
EB Supporter
Reaction score
A minimum of 3 hours from a landlocked body of wat
Why are there rate limits on posting and PMs? I can understand this for guest accounts, or even newer accounts, but supporter accounts and accounts with high message numbers and reaction scores shouldn't be rate limited.
Yeah! This is kinda a pain when we're in the spam thread, or even replying quickly to someone's post. I've been getting the 'slow down, cowboy'-type of message a couple times. Also painful when PMing multiple people/groups.

ChebyshevII PE

Don of EB Mafia
EB Supporter
Reaction score
I agree.

On a similar topic, I believe I should still be an EB Supporter, at least until April. But it doesn't appear that I am. How do I go about getting that status back?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree.

On a similar topic, I believe I should still be an EB Supporter, at least until April. But it doesn't appear that I am. How do I go about getting that status back?

I'll look into that right now.

ETA: You're now set until 6/25/21 to give a little leeway on that April setting.

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah! This is kinda a pain when we're in the spam thread, or even replying quickly to someone's post. I've been getting the 'slow down, cowboy'-type of message a couple times. Also painful when PMing multiple people/groups.

What spam thread? I'll have to check that out.

And I've changed the setting for some of the more seasoned accounts and Supporters to not have the flood check on them. Leaving the 30 second delay on the new registrations, etc.

jean15paul_PE

FEA Wizard
Reaction score

And I've changed the setting for some of the more seasoned accounts and Supporters to not have the flood check on them. Leaving the 30 second delay on the new registrations, etc.
According to legend. When engineers take the Professional Engineering licensure exam, NCEES (the org that administers the exam) won't release the results until our "spam thread" reaches 15,000 replies. :)

We do this for every test. Start a thread called the spam thread and post anything and everything until the exam results are released.
It's good spam... not bad spam. :)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@jean15paul_PE Thank you VERY much for that information. I'm conditioned to spam bash, but I'll not bother that.

LyceeFruit PE

Woodchipped Voice of Reason
EB Supporter
Reaction score

test

Latest posts