how to get stamp/seal

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befat

Reaction score
Hi,

I passed the exam in October and received license a couple days ago. Could you please tell me where I can get the seal/stamp in Washington state?

Thank you.

Hi,
I passed the exam in October and received license a couple days ago. Could you please tell me where I can get the seal/stamp in Washington state?

Thank you.
befat,

Be sure to shop around on the net. There are some that charge more than others.

no way...they only make plastic seals...not metal. they sent me one and i sent it back and got a metal one. plastic wont last.
It is not true they "only make plastic seals"... so I can't really respond to your "no way" - other than to say it's false. They sell embossers, rubber, self-inking, and pre-inked stamps - take your pick.

I tried to go with one of the "cheaper" seal places... can't remember which one, but it SUCKED! My stamp was rejected by TX (it was 1 11/16", was supposed to be 1 5/8") and I had to have another one made. They made a new one at no charge and shipped it to me... so customer service was good and the 2nd one was accepted by TX... but it was a total PITA to save about $4. NOT WORTH IT!!!

It is not true they "only make plastic seals"... so I can't really respond to your "no way" - other than to say it's false. They sell embossers, rubber, self-inking, and pre-inked stamps - take your pick.
stop being a smart ass...they only sell plastic seals, not metal. what does a self inking or rubber stamp have to do with an engineering seal???? idiot.

go with a metal seal, they cost more but it is well worth it

plastic embosser dies; a seal can be a stamp or an embosser; hell, in some states it can even be digital.

Last edited by a moderator:
stop being a smart ass...they only sell plastic seals, not metal. what does a self inking or rubber stamp have to do with an engineering seal???? idiot.
wow... it takes balls to come in here as a noob and call someone who's been around as long as IlPadrino has a smart ass. :blink:

Stop being a dumb-ass... 'nuff said?

I would say that the necessity of a metal stamp is all in how much you plan on using it. I plan on using my stamp all of one time, to turn into the board for approval. So a plastic stamp worked fine.

Texas accepted mine on the first try, so maybe you just got a bum stamp? Anyway I thought it was a good deal for my situation

wow... it takes balls to come in here as a noob and call someone who's been around as long as IlPadrino has a smart ass. :blink:
what? why? because someone is giving bad advice and being a smart azz about it, i cant call them out? give me a break and stop being so sensitive. i dont care how long you have been on a forum.

any engineer that signs and seals documents would know that the plastic seals last a whole 3 months if you use them on a regular basis...

nuff said? obviously you dont sign and seal documents or you would know to go with the metal seal and would not be recommended that crap plastic to anyone. nuff said?
signed, the 'noob'...
Definately a "noob" with a bad attitude, who must get the last word in. All this for an arguement about a seal? I would hate to have him on my design team.

Geez, settle down!

nuff said? obviously you dont sign and seal documents or you would know to go with the metal seal and would not be recommended that crap plastic to anyone. nuff said?
OK... I'll try once more... will you please educate yourself on what the word "seal" means in the context of the Professional Engineer? Once you do, and if you can be civil (didn't your mother ever teach you that name-calling was rude?), I'd be happy to continue talking about engineerseals.

Have a great day!

Boy, somebody's giving Florida's finest a run for his money!

Definately a "noob" with a bad attitude, who must get the last word in. All this for an arguement about a seal? I would hate to have him on my design team.
Geez, settle down!
you would be on MY team there chachi.

you guys are typical of the forum crowd...always thinking that # of posts someone has is somehow a correlation as to their intelligence.

give me a break.

Back