How much money do you make per year?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much money do you make per year?

• Still in school

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 40-50K

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • 51-60K

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • 61-70K

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • 71-80K

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • 81-90K

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • 91-100K

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • 101-110K

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • More than that!

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Less than 40k

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
^For mrs. ble it's the opposite, in her old country the women didn't work and stayed home with the kids. But to make things easier they had maids and nannies. That's why she always gets pissed at her cousins that talk about how hard it is to raise their kids down there and how tired they are even though they don't cook, clean, or change the kids diapers. Yea, I'd be tired too.
The maids and nannies were working moms, weren't they?
No...they are young early 20s eastern block European particular from Bulgaria, or Czech, or Romania woman..they take care of me and the baby :)

its good now $100k and bit more this coming income tax season, so stoked! few years back not even half of it I get, things are different when you get the PE.

Mechanical engineer - Was making $130k +bonus when I lived in CA. Now I'm in NV and making $125k, but the lower cost of living and lack of state income tax has me coming out a little bit ahead.

Mechanical engineer - Was making $130k +bonus when I lived in CA. Now I'm in NV and making $125k, but the lower cost of living and lack of state income tax has me coming out a little bit ahead.
How many years of experience?

I just got my license but I'm making far less since my boss says I don't have experience based upon what the company does. currently at 29/hour and get paid OT.

I just saw this for the first time today too?

Where the hell have I been?

RoadGuy, I feel your pain, I spend 14k yr. in child care, and $1,000 mo. for cars (before gas), and $2100 mo. mortgage.

Surely, it will lighten up someday.
Man, things have changed for me since 2006. haven't had car payments in years, no more child care costs (at least like that) and mortgage will be paid off in less than 4 yrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit six figs for the first time last year, at age 39. :) Would have happened sooner if it weren't for the recession/furlough/pay freeze.

Oil and Gas. Nearly 10 years out of school. Most folks pull in more than what they pay the Secretary of the Navy as a base salary, and on top of which you get short and long term bonus that are typically % of salary, which is nice.

BUT I dont get cheap gas despite being at an owner-operator, so I pay full price like everyone else.

Other benefits: we have soda cans in the fridge if you like those. I like the coke zeros with different names on them...

I just got my license but I'm making far less since my boss says I don't have experience based upon what the company does. currently at 29/hour and get paid OT.

I've been out of school for a while. 16 years experience.

I've been out of school for a while. 16 years experience.
Ahh yeah that's a good chunk of very good experience

RoadGuy, I feel your pain, I spend 14k yr. in child care, and $1,000 mo. for cars (before gas), and $2100 mo. mortgage.

Man, things have changed for me since 2006. haven't had car payments in years, no more child care costs (at least like that) and mortgage will be paid off in less than 4 yrs.
I'm about where you were in '06. Just bought our first house last year. $900/mo in car payments, $2200/mo mortgage. No child care currently, but that could change by next year. It's a tough spot to be in. My wife and I combined make a bit over the six figure mark. Working on getting the short-term notes for the stuff like cars and appliances paid off, so we can stop throwing money away on PMI.

I'm about where you were in '06. Just bought our first house last year. $900/mo in car payments, $2200/mo mortgage. No child care currently, but that could change by next year. It's a tough spot to be in. My wife and I combined make a bit over the six figure mark. Working on getting the short-term notes for the stuff like cars and appliances paid off, so we can stop throwing money away on PMI.
You have a $3.1k fixed payment monthly before other bills, food and insurance and you guys making combined income a bit over $100k...you coule be in some serious financial problem if one of you loss a job or a kid come along...That's a lot for car payment ..

^ I'm sure he's well aware of the tight spot he's in.

Most of us have been there. Some of us still are.

Back