How long does it take for Illinois board to approve PE application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kami_kk

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I passed civil PE in January and submitted application to Illinois board 4 weeks ago, the check was cashed 3 weeks ago. The board doesn’t not provide a portal or anything to update the status, so wondering what would be the typical timeline for getting the license approved. Also, how would I get notified if my application has been approved and license number has been assigned?

thank you very much!!

Hi everyone, I passed civil PE in January and submitted application to Illinois board 4 weeks ago, the check was cashed 3 weeks ago. The board doesn’t not provide a portal or anything to update the status, so wondering what would be the typical timeline for getting the license approved. Also, how would I get notified if my application has been approved and license number has been assigned?

thank you very much!!
Just an update, I just got the license number today (3-25-2021), which marks 28 days since the application was delivered

Sorry for being late but I am glad you got your license. Anyways I would be of no help since even though I live in Illinois I am not licensed in Illinois.

Just an update, I just got the license number today (3-25-2021), which marks 28 days since the application was delivered
This was normal timing even before Covid. the only status update you have is to see the check get deposited. Congrats on your license!

Back