How I Passed The PE with One Simple but Unknown Tip

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this is so far fetched from what could be the truth. I don't know about you guys, but I have always assumed the A B C Ds were at least close to evenly distributed. I did not know it was for sure 10 10 10 10, but I wouldn't be totally surprised by this, if it happens to be true. What I don't agree with is VT's claim that this will "exponentially" help someone guess (or that this info is worth $1500). I would contend that if you already answered enough questions correctly for this information to even begin to benefit you, you have already answered enough questions to pass!

I have always found that when someone says "exponentially", they really don't mean exponentially - it is just something they think sounds nice. I would expect an engineer to use it more appropriately, though

I heard that NCEES acknowledging that the test has an even distribution of lettered answers is a way for them to "weed out" individuals that shouldn't be taking the test in the first place without losing out on the exam fee...

Also note that I head from a reliable source that NCEES is a hologram...

This is the inter-webs and therefore this is truth... ;)

I called NCEES and they said that if you study smartly that this will exponentially increase your chances of passing.

A lot of assumptions here. We are assuming that they balance the morning and afternoon sessions separately? What if they balance the whole thing? 20, 20, 20, 20 instead of 10, 10, 10, 10?

best tip ever, thanks VTmePE07. i'm fairly certain this can be used beyond just the PE exam. i intend to use it for:

1) ordering pizza toppings at Dominos

2) choosing fund allocations for my 401k

3) devising an algorithm to get my wife in the sack more often

4) predicting the super bowl winner

the possibilities are endless.

If ncees went out of their way to purposefully skew the answer sheet, wouldn't it be funnier to them if the morning section had 29 A's and 1 other answer?

Could you imagine the level of anxiety in the rooms?

I actually had a History teacher in HS who gave a 40 question exam where every answer was A. It was a bit interesting seeing the looks on everyone's faces midway through the exam.

I actually had a History teacher in HS who gave a 40 question exam where every answer was A. It was a bit interesting seeing the looks on everyone's faces midway through the exam.
That would be funny to watch.

I have also heard this from an instructor from a review course I took. Not saying that it is true or that this knowledge cemented my passing score, but when I banged out the 35-or-so questions that I felt confident about, and saw I did not have man C's, for the questions where I resorted to guessing, I went with C... and I passed.

And, VTmePE07, you have taken the criticism and jabs with kindness and grace.

I have also heard this from an instructor from a review course I took. Not saying that it is true or that this knowledge cemented my passing score, but when I banged out the 35-or-so questions that I felt confident about, and saw I did not have man C's, for the questions where I resorted to guessing, I went with C... and I passed.

Congrats on passing.However, if you got 35 or so in both sections with a high level of confidence, I would feel comfortable in saying you could have guessed z's and alpha's as answers and still passed.

Congrats on passing.However, if you got 35 or so in both sections with a high level of confidence, I would feel comfortable in saying you could have guessed z's and alpha's as answers and still passed.
Agreed. Also, on an unrelated note, the title of this thread reminds me of this:

spam-ad-3.jpg

Agreed. Also, on an unrelated note, the title of this thread reminds me of this:

spam-ad-3.jpg
Could not agree more.

best tip ever, thanks VTmePE07. i'm fairly certain this can be used beyond just the PE exam. i intend to use it for:

1) ordering pizza toppings at Dominos

2) choosing fund allocations for my 401k

3) devising an algorithm to get my wife in the sack more often

4) predicting the super bowl winner

the possibilities are endless.
#3 is genius! I'm doing this tonight!

31094572.jpg

A-A-RON

^that was actually quite funny.

Almost as funny as a trick for passing the PE.

In order to put this to bed you need to answer one question for yourself:

Is NCEES the type of organization to apply time and money to reorganizing the answers to questions for every version of every test so that each test has an equal distribution of As, Bs,Cs, and Ds.

I'm on the fence because I'm the type of person that arranges all the pencils sitting on my desk in a nicely organized fashion...and I took and passed their test.

medtees-ocd.jpg

Back