Home Improvement/Repair Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you concerned you will trip the breaker if the freezer and pump happen to start at the same time?

Nope...I was able to check the specs before I got the pump. There's also a dehumidifier in there. Even if the freezer happens to start up when the sump pump and dehumidifier are running, it's still under 15amps. One of the reasons I got this pump. I wasn't crazy about the amount of plastic in it, but the heavier duty cast one they had drew a lot more power and would have been no bueno.

Informal poll on what is a better option:

A- buy a primary residence in this market
B- rent a comparable house for a year at a cost of $36-$48k and buy in a year

For every article I read that says home prices won't tank I find another one that says everything will tank soon.

I have a son-in-law that thinks he's starting to see the beginnings of a turn down. He and daughter are having a house built and renting at this time.
In this market they have tried4 or 5 times for a large house. They have 8 about to be 9 children so really need a large house. But in this housing market at this time a house listed for $530,000 may end up going for over $600 due to shortage of homes.

For your question. Can you not touch your down payment money for a new home if you rent for a year? If the down payment money is used, then you may miss the chance to buy.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Back