Home Improvement/Repair Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

jeb6294

Reaction score
Nope...I was able to check the specs before I got the pump. There's also a dehumidifier in there. Even if the freezer happens to start up when the sump pump and dehumidifier are running, it's still under 15amps. One of the reasons I got this pump. I wasn't crazy about the amount of plastic in it, but the heavier duty cast one they had drew a lot more power and would have been no bueno.

bwin12

EB Supporting Member
EB Supporting Member
Reaction score
Informal poll on what is a better option:

A- buy a primary residence in this market
B- rent a comparable house for a year at a cost of $36-$48k and buy in a year

For every article I read that says home prices won't tank I find another one that says everything will tank soon.

Sparky

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have a son-in-law that thinks he's starting to see the beginnings of a turn down. He and daughter are having a house built and renting at this time.
In this market they have tried4 or 5 times for a large house. They have 8 about to be 9 children so really need a large house. But in this housing market at this time a house listed for $530,000 may end up going for over $600 due to shortage of homes.

For your question. Can you not touch your down payment money for a new home if you rent for a year? If the down payment money is used, then you may miss the chance to buy.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Latest posts