Help on PE exam results diagnostic

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saraali

Reaction score
I took PE computer eng two weeks ago but didnt pass, Can anyone provide me with a suggestion on what I can do to improve myself towards passing
1666963559684.png

Looking at the most recent pass rates, it looks like that one is a tough exam with only a 49% pass rate (NCEES PE exam pass rates)

1666967394660.png

My advice is to focus on the areas where your scaled score is less than 7.5 (essentially, 50% of the average passing examinee).

I estimate you got 7/14 questions correct on the "Computer Networks" topics. So a little bit of review on those would help you, but I would spend the bulk of my time on the first seven topics.

My trick is to take the number of questions multiplied by the scaled score and that gives you a VERY rough estimate for how many questions you got right. Shoot for 66% right on your next attempt and you should be fine!

I took PE computer eng two weeks ago but didnt pass, Can anyone provide me with a suggestion on what I can do to improve myself towards passing
View attachment 28359
Been there. While I’m still trying myself I saw my scores improve greatly the more practice problems I worked. As many others on this site have said practice practice practice and it will get easier. Good luck!

Back