Hello

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theifocm

Reaction score
Hello my name is Theifcom and i'm looking into making this into a career and I just want to talk and find out things that need to be made so I have stuff to do till I get my graduation. 

Possible translation:

I would like to be in this field (Engineering?) and I would like to chat with people here to find out what should I do before graduation to be successful in this field.

My guess :)

I HIGHLY recommend you take the FE exam while you're still in college ( you can only take the FE in college if you are in your last year of an ABET accredited university). I just graduated in May 2019 but i took it in January of 2019. I have coworkers who regret not taking it during school or within the couple months after they graduated.

you can only take the FE in college if you are in your last year of an ABET accredited university
Not true. Some states allow you to sit for the exam after having completed 5 semesters of study. 

I HIGHLY recommend you take the FE exam while you're still in college ( you can only take the FE in college if you are in your last year of an ABET accredited university). I just graduated in May 2019 but i took it in January of 2019. I have coworkers who regret not taking it during school or within the couple months after they graduated.
And some states require you to have proof of graduation to get the results.  One of the guys I went to school with found this out the hard way when he took it in a different state than everyone else, and needed his results to graduate (it is a requirement of our program to take and pass the FE), but couldn't get the results without his proof of graduation. This may have changed with the switch to CBT- he took one of the last paper and pencil exams.

I'm not in collage yet but I do plan to go for electoral engineering or mechanical engineer

Possible translation:

I would like to be in this field (Engineering?) and I would like to chat with people here to find out what should I do before graduation to be successful in this field.

My guess :)
As far as I understand, it was written by a non-nativespeaker, and perhaps google translate was used, but your translation is really nice!

I think the requirements are dependent on each state board. For instance, New York has a requirement of 6 years related work experience or college experience in engineering or related studies in order to sit for the FE exam and 12 for the PE. But I believe getting the degree could give more experience credits than actual years of study, especially if it is an engineering degree.

image.png

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I understand, it was written by a non-nativespeaker, and perhaps google translate was used, but your translation is really nice!
[SIZE=10pt]Non native-speakers can use Google Translate, and it is not perfect. Of course, if you need an accurate translation of the document, it would be better to ask professionals for help. I used this company https://thewordpoint.com/services/translation-service/cv-translation-services when I needed to translate my CV, and they did it very well, but in general communication Google Translate can be ok.[/SIZE]

Non native-speakers can use Google Translate, and it is not perfect. Of course, if you need an accurate translation of the document, it would be better to ask professionals for help. I used this company https://thewordpoint.com/services/translation-service/cv-translation-services when I needed to translate my CV, and they did it very well, but in general communication Google Translate can be ok.

Back